[NL2-NL10] NL10: QQ bad bluff induce spot

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1878644
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $19.80 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 8,0, Hands: 42
      UTG: $12.16 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 4,6, Hands: 180
      Hero (MP): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 57711
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 7, PFR: 7, 3B: 8, AF: 0,0, Hands: 29
      BTN: $9.85 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 10, 3B: 3, AF: 0,0, FoldToCbetFlop: 100(1), Hands: 62
      SB: $10.20 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 3, AF: 10,0, Hands: 184

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with Q :club: Q :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) A :heart: A :club: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.35) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

First of all I have no idea why I played this hand so badly :D found it among my marked hands and nearly fell of the chair. Was I drunk or something?

Anyway, I think that I should have just cBet the flop here vs Jx, FDs and some GS combos.

As played, should have most likely just given up on the turn.

If I cBet the flop here I pretty much have to 2nd barrel often as well, right? What to do if the FD completes? I suppose that we still have to bet again since it's difficult to check/call there + we still have the 2nd nut flush redraw.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Correct, rather Bet the flop. I guess you got a bit scared of getting raised. :D We can easily double-barrel it for value and maybe even river.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) If we bet the flop and the FD completes we still 2nd barrel it because we have the 2nd nut FD redraw + we still may get value from Jx or even 1 card FDs, right?
      2) As played, should I have just given up on the turn? Or could villain still be trying to get me off my rather obvious bluffcatcher?
      3) If I do play as I played, is this not the kind of a spot where we often have to check/call the river as well if we choose to check/call the turn?
      4)
      and maybe even river.

Provided the FD does not complete, is the reasoning behind a possible river barrel that villain could have likely just raised his Ax earlier so there are not really that many Ax hands in his range there, thus we don't have to be scared of to many better hands (apart from some Jx 2pair combos) + there may still be value from Jx?
      5) If we double barrel it and the FD does not complete is check/calling the river depending on his bet size/timing also an option? Vs missed FDs/Gutshots for example.
      6) What kind of betsizing would you advise to use if we tripple-barrel this medium made hand? Would slightly over 1/2 pot size for flop and turn and slightly below 1/2 pot size for river be an OK choice?

I am so terribly sorry for the gazillion follow up questions but I just SO desperately need to know! :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) If we bet the flop and the FD completes we still 2nd barrel it because we have the 2nd nut FD redraw + we still may get value from Jx or even 1 card FDs, right?

Nah, cause you may kick out weaker hands. Rather instead turn into bluff-catcher and may even have implied odds. :) The guy isn't dumb either to pay you with total crap. :D

2) As played, should I have just given up on the turn? Or could villain still be trying to get me off my rather obvious bluffcatcher?

No way I am giving up there if I am turning my hand into bluff-catcher. The guy may also have Jx hands there or even weaker hands.

3) If I do play as I played, is this not the kind of a spot where we often have to check/call the river as well if we choose to check/call the turn?

as always. :D Sizing etc, betting tells, overall aggression. Could be a fold, could be a call.

4) Provided the FD does not complete, is the reasoning behind a possible river barrel that villain could have likely just raised his Ax earlier so there are not really that many Ax hands in his range there, thus we don't have to be scared of to many better hands (apart from some Jx 2pair combos) + there may still be value from Jx?

Well, you Check/Called, he cant' really raise so I don't really know what he would have done. :P Ax could raise and at the same time couldn't.

5) If we double barrel it and the FD does not complete is check/calling the river depending on his bet size/timing also an option? Vs missed FDs/Gutshots for example.

, as always. :) What sizing and so on, tough to say. You are really hoping to get so damn easy plays, that's unfortunately not poker.

6) What kind of betsizing would you advise to use if we tripple-barrel this medium made hand? Would slightly over 1/2 pot size for flop and turn and slightly below 1/2 pot size for river be an OK choice?

, how I see the guy. The looser I see the more I bet, vs unknown could be the same. There is still a lot value and if we get raised we can easily get it off. Whilst just 1/2 might eve induce raises.