[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TP oop

• BogdanDr
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($29.20)
      UTG ($20.93)
      MP ($9.80)
      Button ($11.58)
      SB ($11.71)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
      2 folds, Button bets $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 5, Q, 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($5.80) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.40, Button raises $8.83 (All-In), [color=#666666][i]
      Hero folds[/i][/color]

Total pot: $10.60

villain VPIP/PFR/BU steal/CB Fl/CB Tu/wtsd/hands

Untill the Ri I guess the play is quite standard. The small Ri bet is meant to block him from attempting to bluff with a large amount, make my hand look like is going for value and make worse pairs call. Also as long as I was going to call a bet on the ri I wanted to set a lower prise to pay against overpairs or better top pairs.
  • 2 replies
    • DragotoiuRobert
      Hi bogdan, for me this hand is not so standard. I think preflop you should squeeze since you have 2 huge blockers and your hand doesn't play that good oop in a 3way pot. The SB range is clearly(or at least very very likely) not a premium one since he just flats, and the BU range is definitely large enough to give us a profitably 3bet. As played i think x/c the flop and turn is indeed standard, but i don't like your block bet on the river, it looks very weak and your hand is kinda faced up. I think checking the river and reevaluating after his bet size/time pattern or river Cbet stat is a better solution. When you donk that small your strongest holding is QT in my opinion, and even this is not to likely since i think is more standard to check-call river with such a hand against his overs/better top-pairs or FDs that he might bluff. I would most likely check-folded the river to a big bet since the only draw that missed is the FD and i rarely expect him to have that due to the large bet sizing on the flop and turn which often indicates the desire of the player to extract value and protect their hand.
    • veriz
      Hello BogdanDr,

Preflop: Rather squeeze it here or just fold it, the hand doesn't play that well being OOP and in multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: Rather bet the flop yourself and protect your hand, also find out where you stand. You can't really go for 2streets Check/Call like you did whilst even a draw completes, you will never know where you stand nor I don't really get your donk on the river, what's the purpose of it?

Best Regards.