[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 4bet pot

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($9.30)
      UTG ($9.70)
      MP ($14.09)
      Button ($10.26)
      Hero (SB) ($10.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, Q
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises $0.80, Hero raises $2.10, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.80) 8, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, BB calls $2.20

Turn: ($9.20) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.60, [color=#666666][i]
      Hero folds[/i][/color]

Total pot: $9.20

Villain VPIP/PFR/BB 3bet vs Steal/F2 4bet/wtsd/hands
      20/16/27(11)/0(1)/15/101

What do you think about the 4bet?

Should I give up on the Tu or go on and shove?
  • 2 replies
    • DragotoiuRobert
      DragotoiuRobert
      Bronze
      Against such an aggressive opponent i think even calling the 3 bet OOP is ok because i expect him to bluff allot postflop and you can bluff catch when you hit a pair, or even check-raising bluff allot of good drawy bords because he won't be able to do much with a 27% 3bet range. I don't have a problem with the way you played preflop but on the turn when you get an OESD and i also expect that a Q will be good a very large percentage of the time and sometimes even a T. If he 3bets that much and fold to 4bets very rarely i don't expect him to play fit or fold on the flop and i think he floats kinda often. That being said i thing a turn shove from you is absolutely mandatory because of your picked-up equity on the turn and additional fold equity.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BogdanDr,

Preflop: If he 3bets like a maniac and maybe is even a loose guy then most likely best option is even just to fold the hand and either play being IP or wait for a hand which has decent equity and plan to go broke first. But if we do steal then we should also consider time to time 4bet/Fold it instead just folding it directly.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't really make sense to CB the flop if you plan to CB & done, he ain't even folding many PPs in those spots. Rather Check/Fold it instead or if you CB then rather ship the turn as well. Though we might see too many traps there and overall should be giving up on the flop.

Best Regards.