This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH TP vs fish on dry board

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($12.25)
      UTG ($5.02)
      MP ($10.17)
      Hero (Button) ($10.45)
      SB ($9.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 4, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB raises $0.90, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($2.45) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.45, Hero calls $2.45

River: ($7.35) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $7.35, Hero folds

Total pot: $7.35

Villain VPIP/PFR/AF/wtsd/hands
      51/0/0.6/50/86

He is very passive so a min raise on the flop could be a sign of strencth, but still my hand was good against his overall range. On the Tu when he pots it is quite ugly, he acted pretty fast and I don't think he ever bluffs here, so I think I should have folded the Tu.

What line would you take?
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You should find the fold button on the turn, maybe on flop. His min-raise refers to a set or two pairs, so you can't beat his range. You could try 3-bet min/fold there, which I don't recommend, though.

As played, fold to turn bet and bet 0.40 pre-flop.
    • DragotoiuRobert
      DragotoiuRobert
      Bronze
      I agree to CPallo, min-raise the flop and pot bet the turn looks very strong, and you are very likely to face a river shove when your opponent is taking that line. So unless planing to call the river for some reason (which in this case i think is a bad idea), the turn fold should be the best choice.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BogdanDr,

Calling flop is still fine vs the min-raise but I don't like to continue on the turn. You are more often facing a stronger hand there and which means we can't really earn profit with Call turn and hope that he Checks the river, which ain't gonna happen often enough.

Best Regards.