place for training

• cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      hey folks

i am a beginner and just want training. i have a few questions.
      1- after reading all the basic articles for fix limit, can i play in a real money room?or do you advise me to play for real money?
      2- for a beginner is ICM trainer and HM2 are necessary and how can i learn to use these softwares?
      3-and i need a practice room?

thanks to all
  • 9 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      1 - Dont they both mean the same thing?
      2- Absolutely. HEM or PT you need it. Since you are new i would also advise you to Google what should be your ideal PT/HEM stats when you play. And please follow the starting hands chart to the core until you have gained enough knowledge of the game and developed good post flop skills.
      3- Not practice room, its called play money. Yes you can try but its not a good learning experience in my opinion if you plan to play cash later on.

Most importantly follow strict BRM

Also make sure when you register you do go through the pokerstrategy link

Why dont you start with the PS free 10$ offer. Use that and then decide what to do.
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      Originally posted by abhi147

2- Absolutely. HEM or PT you need it. Since you are new i would also advise you to Google what should be your ideal PT/HEM stats when you play. And please follow the starting hands chart to the core until you have gained enough knowledge of the game and developed good post flop skills.

Most importantly follow strict BRM

Also make sure when you register you do go through the pokerstrategy link

Why dont you start with the PS free 10$ offer and a couple of other sites also offer free starting money. Use that and then decide what to do.
      idon't understand some abbreviations. what is brm and pt? can you explain some more
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      BRM is bank roll management
      How many buyins you need to play at what stake

PT = Pokertracker similar to HEM
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cnbykr
      hey folks

i am a beginner and just want training. i have a few questions.
      1- after reading all the basic articles for fix limit, can i play in a real money room?or do you advise me to play for real money?
      2- for a beginner is ICM trainer and HM2 are necessary and how can i learn to use these softwares?
      3-and i need a practice room?

thanks to all
      Good evening abhi147 and thanks to cnbykr for the reply :)

1. You can play real money when ever you like, i don't think play money games will help you at all really except for maybe recognising what hand you have and being able to read the board quickly so start on real money games as soon as you can in my opinion.

2. ICM trainer is only useful if you are going to be playing Sit n Gos or tournament poker and since you took the quiz in cash games im guessing this is what you will be playing so no need to worry about the ICM trainer just yet. Holdem Manager2 (HM2) is very very very useful. IT records every single hand you play and all the hands your opponents play against you giving you valuable information, including how often they play a hand, how often they raise, how often they fold to a re-raise and lots lots more and all this will appear to you on screen as you play. As well as this it also stores all your own hands and stats in a database for you to review after each session or however often you like and see your results in a graph.

3. You don't need a practice room just jump straight into the real thing, have you picked a room to get your free $$ at yet or are you thinking of depositing yourself? If you are let us know and maybe we can help you choose a room.

All the best
      Carl
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      thanks for your explications, that helps me a lot.
      and do you suggest softwares like leak buster
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Errrm no not really, not just now anyway.

Just concentrate on playing strong hands strongly and throwing away weak hands get involved in the forum here and make some friends then you can talk to them about your stats and they can tell you where they think you may have leaks for free. You can of course ask in the forum too :)
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      OMG what made you choose fix limit ??
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      OMG what made you choose fix limit ??
      Probably seeing monthly graphs like this:

Originally posted by Yoghi

+~15k in live/online tournaments
      And that wasnt even one of his best, probably an average to good month although guess you can't complain with that kind of volume
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Originally posted by cnbykr
      thanks for your explications, that helps me a lot.
      and do you suggest softwares like leak buster
      Leakbuster is really good if you are playing cash games. i have recommended it to a few people, and have really gotten alot out of the program. The training content is very good. And one reason i think i can relate to it, is that it is analyzing your database, and telling you specific leaks that you have, and that are costing you $ at the tables. Instead of just giving you general poker advice. it will spot specific leaks, and refer you to training content geared towards plugging that leak.

they have a free trial, maybe check it out.