[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - AKs on BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.85 (108.5 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $5.51 (55.1 bb)
      MP1: $9.60 (96 bb)
      MP2: $5.59 (55.9 bb)
      MP3: $7.06 (70.6 bb)
      CO: $5.85 (58.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $16.98 (169.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      UTG+2 raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, 3 folds, MP1 calls $1.40

Flop: ($3.55) J K Q (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.52, MP1 folds

Results:
      $3.55 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: J K Q
      MP1 mucked and lost (-$1.60 net)
      Hero mucked K A and won $3.36 ($1.76 net)

I have only 50 hands on him, so far, very loose.
      Thoughts?
  • 10 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd bet 1/2 on flop, you can easily catch his shove or raise or anything he does there.

Also, I think you made a bit too big squeeze there pre-flop, make it 1.20 or sth like that =)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

How many worse hands do you see paying you on the flop and if you get raised do you assume to be ahead vs the range? Especially with such a sizing I'd say you wont see many worse hands.

Best Regards.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

How many worse hands do you see paying you on the flop and if you get raised do you assume to be ahead vs the range? Especially with such a sizing I'd say you wont see many worse hands.

Best Regards.
      Hmm I'm a bit confused on this hand.
      What should I do?

And for the range, they do call a lot with a lot worse hands usually, and I'm at 38% even against the worst case (KK).
      So yeah I'd say I want to go broke.

If I check behind, what's the purpose of it?
      I'd love an in-depth analysis here on the possible outcomes (if you can do it), thank you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare

Best Regards.
      What should I do?

And for the range, they do call a lot with a lot worse hands usually, and I'm at 38% even against the worst case (KK).

I'd love an in-depth analysis here on the possible outcomes (if you can do it), thank you.
      Rather try to do that yourself. :) It also teaches you to play around with ranges and helps you in the future to understand those boards. First try to put the opponent on a range and then afterwards we can take a look into the equities how much we need and etc.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze

Best Regards.
      What should I do?

Rather try to do that yourself. :) It also teaches you to play around with ranges and helps you in the future to understand those boards. First try to put the opponent on a range and then afterwards we can take a look into the equities how much we need and etc.
      I think I got it already, but this time my doubts are not on the "math" but on the action to take and why.
      Like, given I have nearly no info, and given that the standard loose passive opponent calls even this big 3Bets with any pocket pair, any high broadways, and even possibly many high suited cards, not necessarily connectors, I'm ahead.
      Given that I'm ahead, or in the WORST case at a 40% - 60%, what should my action be?
      Why is checking behind better than betting myself?
      Wouldn't I be kind of forced to call anyway?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Try to ask how many worse hands Call from his range which call preflop? You mentioned a wide range but would the wide range also Call you? Though of course I am not saying that betting is totally off but you just have to realize that there ain't tons of worse hands which pay you.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Try to ask how many worse hands Call from his range which call preflop? You mentioned a wide range but would the wide range also Call you? Though of course I am not saying that betting is totally off but you just have to realize that there ain't tons of worse hands which pay you.
      Hmmm right.
      But what if, after my check behind, another J, Q, K(unlikely) comes down?
      Isn't it better to just protect to prevent this?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hmmm right.
      It's not that likely to happen and later on you may even get called from worse hands. :) Plus we still have very good equity once we even Check behind.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Hmmm right.
      It's not that likely to happen and later on you may even get called from worse hands. :) Plus we still have very good equity once we even Check behind.
      Thx <3 (and sorry for all the questions, this will be the last one!)
      If it does come down however, and he takes action, should we fold?

{Gosh somehow AK always gives me nightmares}
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hmmm right.
      Thx <3 (and sorry for all the questions, this will be the last one!)
      If it does come down however, and he takes action, should we fold?

{Gosh somehow AK always gives me nightmares}
      We can still continue calling and reevaluating further actions. :) We may easily be even ahead.