Playing micro/SS LH with pokerstrategy charts

• kusumath
      kusumath
      Basic
      Hope this hasn't been addressed already. I searched around but couldn't find anything.

The advice in the beginners FL article.....is it geared to playing in looser micro/ss games....or more 'ideal' type play that you hope to one day take to higher tables?

I have the same question about the charts in the equilab predefined ranges. Are those opening charts what you would expect to see/use in micro/ss?? or for higher levels?

I've read Lee Jones's small stakes book. I assume that's outdated now...and more for live games. But he definitely talks about more limping/calling esp with drawing hands. Is that still applicable today in ss online games?
  • 2 replies
    • kusumath
      kusumath
      Basic
      hmmm....lotta help here.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi,

I believe any kind of decent player modifies his ranges according to the players behind him or the ones acted before him, therefore charts lose a lot of value when you get to higher stakes.

You have to realize that charts were made for beginner players so that the preflop decisions would be easier, but as in always in poker, easier are less profitable too. The charts weren't designed for this or that, they were designed for beginner players to help them. If you want to deviate from the charts, I'd say you should play much looser than what they suggest, but only if you have the required postflop knowledge.

Cheers,
      Madi