[NL20-NL50] NL25SHZ - J5o

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $46.10 (184.4 bb)
      SB: $16.78 (67.1 bb)
      BB: $32.42 (129.7 bb)
      UTG: $26.18 (104.7 bb)
      MP: $26.58 (106.3 bb)
      CO: $22.80 (91.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:spade: 5:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5:spade: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.53, Hero calls $1.53

Turn: ($4.66) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($14.66) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

Villain: 22/14 3bet: 2.6
      Fold to cbet: 65% flop
      Tot donk: 4% (don't have any stats on donk/call or donk/fold - no instances)

so I can't really say what to do, I mean raising would kill his bluffs, as this could very much be, and what does he have here that isn't a bluff. Pocket pair?

Perhaps, but would they stand a raise anyways?

his min-raise on turn is a bit alarming, can't really fold though, I have odds to house mine it. Need 17% to call, I have 20% alone in pot-odds for my house. So certain call.

River on the other hand, Didn't think it through enough, but at this moment I can't say whether or not I should've folded, I mean his range looks fairly strong when he check/minr turn, then bets the river, it's either a complete bluff or a value bet such as a flush or house, don't think he'd bet anything worse than my hand for value (but then again, his line is a bit weird, could he play a bluff this way?)

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: What about the blinds? SB doesn't seem to be very realistic player, who could Call you with very wide range. Nor I don't like that much the 3bb raise here vs loose guy and without knowing BBs fold to steal, instead would use 2,5bb -> especially if you are opening so loose.

As played
      Flop: Though I don't really like the Call here cause there are still a lot of draws which he may donk here. I'd just threw a raise and protect my hand on the flop. You are just allowing him to see a free card.

As played
      Turn: Kinda crappy but though I doubt that we are able to fold here. His range could even include still some semi-bluffs with a FD or whatsoever + the odds are decent. So I'd also Bet/Call it if I'd plan to Bet which is fine to protect our hand.
      River: Not sure though if we are able to fold for the given odds, though would he really bluff with such an amount? I assume if he wanted to gain fold equity then most likely he would also go for bigger bet, might even make me fold for that given reason. Though I guess assuming he may have K hand as well there which may Bet this way shouldn't be that huge mistake if you are even calling it down.

Best Regards.