This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SHZ - J5o

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $46.10 (184.4 bb)
      SB: $16.78 (67.1 bb)
      BB: $32.42 (129.7 bb)
      UTG: $26.18 (104.7 bb)
      MP: $26.58 (106.3 bb)
      CO: $22.80 (91.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:spade: 5:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5:spade: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.53, Hero calls $1.53

Turn: ($4.66) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($14.66) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

Villain: 22/14 3bet: 2.6
      Fold to cbet: 65% flop
      Tot donk: 4% (don't have any stats on donk/call or donk/fold - no instances)

so I can't really say what to do, I mean raising would kill his bluffs, as this could very much be, and what does he have here that isn't a bluff. Pocket pair?

Perhaps, but would they stand a raise anyways?

his min-raise on turn is a bit alarming, can't really fold though, I have odds to house mine it. Need 17% to call, I have 20% alone in pot-odds for my house. So certain call.

River on the other hand, Didn't think it through enough, but at this moment I can't say whether or not I should've folded, I mean his range looks fairly strong when he check/minr turn, then bets the river, it's either a complete bluff or a value bet such as a flush or house, don't think he'd bet anything worse than my hand for value (but then again, his line is a bit weird, could he play a bluff this way?)

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: What about the blinds? SB doesn't seem to be very realistic player, who could Call you with very wide range. Nor I don't like that much the 3bb raise here vs loose guy and without knowing BBs fold to steal, instead would use 2,5bb -> especially if you are opening so loose.

As played
      Flop: Though I don't really like the Call here cause there are still a lot of draws which he may donk here. I'd just threw a raise and protect my hand on the flop. You are just allowing him to see a free card.

As played
      Turn: Kinda crappy but though I doubt that we are able to fold here. His range could even include still some semi-bluffs with a FD or whatsoever + the odds are decent. So I'd also Bet/Call it if I'd plan to Bet which is fine to protect our hand.
      River: Not sure though if we are able to fold for the given odds, though would he really bluff with such an amount? I assume if he wanted to gain fold equity then most likely he would also go for bigger bet, might even make me fold for that given reason. Though I guess assuming he may have K hand as well there which may Bet this way shouldn't be that huge mistake if you are even calling it down.

Best Regards.