This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Straight vs aggression

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hi!

Unfortunately I don't have hand history right now but I remember this hand as played.

I'm on BU, unknowns on blinds, I OR KTr to 4bb. BB calls. So we have 9.5bb in the pot.

Flop goes QJ2r, I cbet 5bb, opponent raises 15bb, I call, so now we have 39.5bb in the pot.

Turn goes A, opp bets 25bb, what's better, to call or to shove?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

depends how deep you are. Since it is rainbow board I think he is either bluffing or valuebetting smt like AQ or 22, sometimes QJ. If he has less than 25bb behind I would just shove before scare cards would come to him, if he has more than 100bb then I think calling is better to let him barrel his air/and both his value hands. Either way I´m not folding river even if board pairs.

best regards,
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Sorry, didn't mention effective stacks which were 100bb before the hand, so opp has ~55bb left
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GreenPiece,

Call of course, especially for being 100bb deep. You are just making a lot worse hands to fold, let him rather Bet the river as well, maybe even starts to bluffs vs you. :)

Best Regards.