[NL2-NL10] [Nl10-Sh] A9o TPTK wet flop

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €3.94 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 12, 3B: 7, AF: 2.1, Hands: 547
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €8.93 EUR ) - VPIP: 33, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 1.3, Hands: 540
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €15.86 EUR ) - VPIP: 34, PFR: 14, 3B: 8, AF: 2.5, Hands: 566
      Seat 4: Player4 ( €14.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 28, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1.4, Hands: 586
      Seat 6: Hero ( €10.10 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 3.2, Hands: 11696

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $3.94 (39.4 bb)
      BB: $8.93 (89.3 bb)
      MP: $15.86 (158.6 bb)
      CO: $14 (140 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.10 (101 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 A
      MP raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.80) 9 6 7 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, MP folds, Hero raises to $1.40, SB folds, BB calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.90) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.95, BB folds
  • 8 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi gxtwo,

- I don't really like the call preflop, MP is not having that wide of a raising range.I'd recommend AJo as the bottom of your range. Also your hand is playing bad multiway, so deff a fold for me.

By raising here you turn your hand into a bluff, this is one of the reasons why calling this preflop is not good.

I'd consider folding just because a hand as weak as a pair + fd + overcard (which means a huge % of their ranges) has 52% equity and we are 3 ways.

If we make the call we will usually have to fold the turn unless an offsuit 2-4 comes.

Anyways, just fold the hand preflop.

Board: 9:heart: 6:heart: 7:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    51.82%  50.81%   1.01% { Kh6d }
      MP3    48.18%  47.17%   1.01% { As9d }
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I personally dont mind the play, until the turn. Preflop you are getting 7:1 on a call which are excellent odds.Of course we could argu about fold and squeeze or nay other line but I guess I would take the same. Flop play I like also. I really dont understand DeMarcohsp why is this turning my hand into a bluff. I would say I raise for value and protect my hand. Since it is a minR preflop their ranges are weak and we could still show some profit with such play since a lot weaker can call. Also they dont seem to be the tightes ones :)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Because you fare quite bad against his calling range ( I don't expect much FE btw).

If a hand like Kh6x has 51% equity I think we are way less stronger than we think we are.

Also I think we are getting 3.5:2 = 1.75:1 on a call preflop, we can't count for the blinds to always call, they will often fold or squeeze.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      preflop is interesting.

this is not a superawesome hand to call with but the guy doesn't seem like a superstrong player either so vs him we may be able to show some profit.
      that said, the blinds seem quite callhappy and then our hand kinda sucks so maybe... 3bet pre (as bluff obv)?
      a fold seems fine too.

some more stats (specially on his postflop tendencies) would be appreciated. without more infos i tend to a fold pre because this is pretty marginal, this is def not a +++EV spot for us.

postflop... flop is FML spot.
      the problem with calling is that we hate pretty much every card on the deck. :f_biggrin:
      raise/fold seems fine, we aren't really being called by a lot worse but we just want to protect our equity. then "reevaluate the turn" :f_biggrin:

on this specific turn we are def not being called by worse made hands but i'd assume that his calling range on the flop has a lot of random A hands which we want to protect from.
      that said, he also may have Tx (like in T9, A T) or spiked 98 or something so checking it down also seems fine. he looks like the type that won't take stabs on the river.

that said, all this mess started with preflop. i think that fold > 3bet > calling there without extra infos, we are not really ahead his raising range and there are better hands for us to be calling with. (ie Axs)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Because you fare quite bad against his calling range ( I don't expect much FE btw).

If a hand like Kh6x has 51% equity I think we are way less stronger than we think we are.

Also I think we are getting 3.5:2 = 1.75:1 on a call preflop, we can't count for the blinds to always call, they will often fold or squeeze.
      Guys my bad!
      I thought we were the BB. LOL :D
      Guess for me it is time to go to bed!
      My apologizes!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: Those hands are rather bad to play, they don't have solid implied odds and rarely going to be good multiway. Even though you face a min-raise I wouldn't say it's not possible to call but it's rather the case that you put yourself into trouble. Even 3betting is better and treating the min-raise as double limp.

As played
      Postflop: Though I don't see myself giving up right here when I called preflop such hands. Especially vs such a sizing whilst you have pretty good odds to call and quite obvious that the caller has rather weak hand and the same could apply to the min-bettor.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      What about raiising the flop? It seemed pretty obvious they were both on draws and I thought I would get value from them.

I kinda spazzed on the turn.....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      What about raiising the flop? It seemed pretty obvious they were both on draws and I thought I would get value from them.

I kinda spazzed on the turn.....
      If we at least had some equity which I mean like FD+pair or whatsoever then sure why not. Without it I am not a huge fan cause a lot of hands have decent equity against us. Though if we do raise then of course we do Raise/Fold it.