[NL2-NL10] [NL10-SH] 43s FD+SD passive play

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Seat 2 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €10.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 18, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 2.3, Hands: 324
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €2.59 EUR ) - VPIP: 30, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 3.7, Hands: 341
      Seat 3: Hero ( €19.99 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 3.2, Hands: 11738
      Seat 4: Player4 ( €7.95 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 2.2, Hands: 343
      Seat 5: Player5 ( €10.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 26, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2.1, Hands: 332
      Seat 6: Player6 ( €6.54 EUR ) - VPIP: 33, PFR: 17, 3B: 1, AF: 2.2, Hands: 330

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.59 (25.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $19.99 (199.9 bb)
      BB: $7.95 (79.5 bb)
      CO: $6.54 (65.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4 3
      CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) 2 5 2 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.40) 3 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40, CO folds

River: ($1.60) J (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.80, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.80
  • 9 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi gxtwo,

preflop I don't like completing the SB, especially with a hand like ours. If you think about it you can't flop anything to get value with (except the rarely flopped straight of flush). Just play high cards and raise the limper.

postflop
      -Turn is debatable because one of players is likely to have from time to time a higher draw than you, you are drawing to the nut lows.
      -River if you decide to check, no reason to not just check-shove. With 2 players in the hand I'd lead out.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Hi gxtwo,

preflop I don't like completing the SB, especially with a hand like ours. If you think about it you can't flop anything to get value with (except the rarely flopped straight of flush). Just play high cards and raise the limper.

postflop
      -Turn is debatable because one of players is likely to have from time to time a higher draw than you, you are drawing to the nut lows.
      -River if you decide to check, no reason to not just check-shove. With 2 players in the hand I'd lead out.
      Choose to complete as the only person I need to worry about raising is bb, then get to see how co and btn react, I'd also (if I'm correct in saying) have relative position to the pfr?

Do you think check shoving is fine here? I don't see much that will call? I usually pussy out of shipping with weak flushes, especially when the board is paired.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Turn call is fine.

River call is fine, at first sight i was thinking of a value raise on the river but because it was a limped multiway pot i would not recommend it.

So my opinion would be no, don't x/shove there nothing weaker will call unless he`s pretty dumb... value raise is arguable only if you know BB is a big fish who likes to go to SD with garbage.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I misread BB stack, thought he had 30 bb.

In this case bet/folding looks better to me since you can expect him to fold lots of hands from which you want to get value.

We don't have a PFR it's just a limped pot in which whoever gets a piece leads :) .

If BB is a reg expect to get raised a lot. If he is not expect to be put in difficult spots all the time since you can only flop the nut low draws/straights/flushes. Also if you flop something good like that being 4way you can't expect pairs to pay you all that much when you hit "strong".
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      i think x/call is better than bet/fold because you`re taking away his chance to bluff the river (witch isn't that likely) so it's in this case x/call and bet/fold i think are quite close.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I think this is insane not to bet the flop. Im not talking about preflop which I also dont like but OTF take the initative and FE. What the reason for a preflop call to hit such a board I guess ;) .
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      I think this is insane not to bet the flop. Im not talking about preflop which I also dont like but OTF take the initative and FE. What the reason for a preflop call to hit such a board I guess ;) .
      :f_thumbsup:

@ cozacu.

If you check he is checking back all the hands from which you can hope to get value (straight/pair/trips).

Also I don't think he is bluffing all that often. (shortie in the hand and being multiway)
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Plan on flop was to check raise, but is it a good spot to get it in? Basically a coinflip vs stacking ranges and perhaps crushed with stronger flush draws, nut flush draws take away one of our SD outs and also counterfeit our FD.

Turn, thought I have some SD value, can see him betting there with a lot of Ax hands, was folding to another bet on the river if any broadway hit.

River, didn't see any value in raising/ shoving. Only get called by better hands imo.

Perhaps thin value in a min raise?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      @ DeMarco, I agree... with bet/fold :D