[NL2-NL10] [NL10-SH] 23s FD+GS

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Seat 4 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €5.95 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 12, 3B: 7, AF: 2.1, Hands: 569
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €8.39 EUR ) - VPIP: 33, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 1.3, Hands: 563
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €21.10 EUR ) - VPIP: 34, PFR: 14, 3B: 8, AF: 2.6, Hands: 586
      Seat 4: Player4 ( €8.71 EUR ) - VPIP: 28, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1.4, Hands: 609
      Seat 5: Player5 ( €11.06 EUR ) - VPIP: 31, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 4.2, Hands: 205
      Seat 6: Hero ( €10.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 3.2, Hands: 11809

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $5.95 (59.5 bb)
      MP: $8.39 (83.9 bb)
      CO: $21.10 (211 bb)
      BTN: $8.71 (87.1 bb)
      SB: $11.06 (110.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2 3
      UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) 5 6 J (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.30, CO raises to $1.70, BTN calls $1.70, 3 folds, MP calls $1.40

Turn: ($5.70) 4 (3 players)
      MP bets $6.59 and is all-in, 2 folds

Results:
      $5.70 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: 5 6 J 4
      MP mucked and won $5.42 ($3.62 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$1.80 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.80 net)
  • 8 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi gxtwo,

I agree with the way you played it, nica hand :) .

Keep in mind that even though your hand looks pretty you are drawing to the nut laws, which with so many players in the pot are going to be beaten a significant amount of the time.

Best regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I think DeMarcohsp if I notice right you are playing freeplay pots passively. At least from the evaluation(this hand also).
      Even this is a stupid 6way pot I would lead put for 2 reasons:
      1.Make better hands to fold(almost any hand that folds is better then ours)
      2.To avoid exactly such spot(you determine the price)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      It's true I don't like taking the initiative multiway with a hand with which I'm not happy even when I hit.

Don't see much value in this. I think that when we are going to get all the money in we are often going to get it in against a better straight/flush.

I'd like to hear some other opinions/ arguments :) .
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Would just like to add, I was calling MPs flop bet until it got raised.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      It's true I don't like taking the initiative multiway with a hand with which I'm not happy even when I hit.

Don't see much value in this. I think that when we are going to get all the money in we are often going to get it in against a better straight/flush.

I'd like to hear some other opinions/ arguments :) .
      One of my leaks when I started to cooperate with Veriz was to passive in freeplay pots. Now I got to aggro :D :tongue:

Who the hell said that we are going broke here. I m never ever going broke here. As my 2 reason for a lead out bet say:
      1.You can only make better hands to fold and at the same time drawing (I guess you know the concept and the conditions when such play does make sense)
      2.Let s say we bet first and MP calls and CO postflop squeezes:
      a) we have better odds
      b) the first C didnt show strenght so I can call and I m not gonna see that often a 3bet from him( which in this case if we C there is still a bigger chance that the original bettor goes for a 3bet since he was the first to show strenght)
      c) having the initiative allows you to have more options
      (I m gonna 2nd barrel it always and fold maybe some 88 or 6x or whatever)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

The problem we face here is that we are 6way, if we were just 3-4way we could of course consider leading out. Main reason is that it's less likely people to have a hand. But while here we are 6way it's very likely at least one of them has a hand which is going to continue.

With the continue range we going to face also better draws which means better FD & Better SD, so no 4 or a is an out for us. So leading isn't going to be that good in that case. Therefore instead just hope to see Checks here and avoid putting myself into a lot trouble.

Though if we had to do something here then it's a lead out, never a Check/Call cause we of course don't have the implied odds and may even have reversed implied odds.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I agree with you but leading out and taking the initative is giving you the option to decide what you wanna do later in the hand. Options are available on future streets. Again with a X we are X/F and in some sort of way handicaped because our only hope is to see a 6way X through(which is rather unlikely). I always liked to have options and even if 2 player call I wouldnt be worried(at least the play against it should be easy to do).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      I agree with you but leading out and taking the initative is giving you the option to decide what you wanna do later in the hand. Options are available on future streets. Again with a X we are X/F and in some sort of way handicaped because our only hope is to see a 6way X through(which is rather unlikely). I always liked to have options and even if 2 player call I wouldnt be worried(at least the play against it should be easy to do).
      Don't really have a problem with Check/Folding whilst I don't see much value on the future streets and may even value-town myself, especially being in 6way pot.