[NL2-NL10] Low trips multipot

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Effective stacks are 100bb

6max, MP3 raises to 3bb, CO calls, BU calls, I call from BB with 87s, pot is 12.5bb.

Flop comes 7 :spade: 7 :diamond: 3 :spade: . I bet 8bb, MP3 calls, CO raises to 32bb, BU folds. What's the best line from now on?
  • 9 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi GreenPiece,

What do you think you accomplish by calling 78s preflop in a 4 way pot?

In which scenario do you think you will get value?

Do you think you will be able to get value with a flush? Do you think a 8 high fd can be profitably played 4 way?

Do you want to flop 2 pair? Do you think this happens often? Do you think you will get value vs one pair hands in 4 way pot?

And there quite a lot of questions which can be added to this list for you to think about.

As played

As played, since he cold called preflop and you can discount QQ-AA from his range I think you are going to be quite often beat here and I'd consider folding. I don't expect him to raise a flush draw in a 4 way pot either.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      we have the worst possible position possible but odds are quite lucrative and i have a plan on how to play this hand :) mayhap it's bad for the reason that reverse implied odds overweight value we can gain in the spot. would you call say JTs here? and would you stay in the pot in BU with 87s after raiser and caller in front of you?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Inspite of the odds I think we don't many hands in enough situations able to extract value 4ways and I also think your reverse implied odds are quite big.

I flat 78s on the button in that scenario, position is quite important because you will be able to take frequent stabs when the flop gets checked through.

In the JTs scenario it gets close since you can flop better draws and barrel better, but again being against 4 players I expect it to be -EV unless you are really confident postflop.

BTW I don't know anything about the players and I assumed they are all TAG regs.

If any on them is a calling station for example calling becomes much better with both JTs/78s
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      With the whole respect DeMarcohsp, I would never ever fold even 4 way such a hand on NL2. Simply impossible, IMO. People are spewing so much money(there is also a guy on our forum that won 100 or 200 BI in 1 moth on this limit) on this limits that he could have here a pretty wide going broke range that starts from your discounted QQ-AA which are missplayed till GS or whatever. So unless there is not a specific reason not to go broke I guess I would ship it :D :P
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Agree with the previous one, NL2 is a whole different world compared to e.g NL50.

Broke broke broke.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Once we call I don't think we have the intention of folding on a board like this (I still think that against without a fish in the hand we should not call pre, would you advise otherwise?).

I said I would at least think about it (guess most players just go barmy I have trips here, I shove ) against 3 TAG looking players. Don't think a tight player is raising much on this board ( I was damn nitty when I started out, shouldn't I expect the same from the TAG wannabes at these stakes :D ?).

Is it somewhere mentioned what stakes this hand is?; I might have missed that :) .

Best regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Once we call I don't think we have the intention of folding on a board like this (I still think that against without a fish in the hand we should not call pre, would you advise otherwise?).

I said I would at least think about it (guess most players just go barmy I have trips here, I shove ) against 3 TAG looking players. Don't think a tight player is raising much on this board ( I was damn nitty when I started out, shouldn't I expect the same from the TAG wannabes at these stakes :D ?).

Is it somewhere mentioned what stakes this hand is?; I might have missed that :) .

Best regards.
      Well even on NL10 which this section is it is gonna be hard to fold. And I guess ranging from NL2 till and NL10 and not having a fish in 4way pot on 6max table sounds pretty incredible :D . But also I would invite you to share also your thoughts when will evaluate. So troll me :tongue: :D :f_cool:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      So put it this way, if the raiser looks nitty I fold (19/16 and lower). These guys are not even raising fd's (because they are multiway)

If no stats I prolly can't justify a fold. Would advise the OP to buy a tracking software though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GreenPiece,

Nah, don't really see myself folding it either here, especially NL2. I am pretty sure his range may easily contain even draws time to time (though small part) and of course JJ+ or whatsoever even badly played KK/AA. Going broke here for 100bb.

Best Regards.