AiYai72 checks
      windar021 checks
      ** Dealing River ** : [ Td ]
      AiYai72 bets (0.3)
      windar021 calls (0.3)
      ** Summary **
      Main Pot: $0.99 Rake: $0.05
      Board: [ 2h Qh 4c As Td ]
      AiYai72 balance $1.28, bet $0.51, collected $0.99, net +$0.48 [ Qd Ah ] [ two pairs, aces and queens -- Ah,As,Qd,Qh,Td ]
      vojto1989 balance $2.06, lost $0.02 (folded)
      cougars999 balance $1.44, didn't bet (folded)
      Shurikbel balance $2, didn't bet (folded)
      Zlixx balance $1.98, didn't bet (folded)
      spirit2709 balance $0.94, didn't bet (folded)
      windar021 balance $1.73, lost $0.51 [ Kd Ks ] [ a pair of kings -- As,Kd,Ks,Qh,Td ]
      windar021 balance $1.73, lost $0.51 [Didnt Show]
      AlioNzzz balance $2.96, didn't bet (folded)

im a newbie in cash games and Im trying to study my play here.. Did I make a wrong turn and river play here?? or is it standard? should I have just bet turn.. what irritating is the reason I check the turn is bec of the Ace and I think its kinda stupid for me on calling the rive when he bets... any advise is highly appreciated..
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($1.44) 72bb
      UTG+1 ($0.86) 43bb
      MP1 ($1.98) 99bb
      MP2 ($0.94) 47bb
      Hero (CO) ($2.24) 112bb
      BTN ($2.96) 148bb
      SB ($0.80) 40bb
      BB ($2.08) 104bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is CO K:diamond: K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: 2:heart: Q:heart: 4:club: ($0.18, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB calls $0.13

Turn: A:spade: ($0.44, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: 10:diamond: ($0.44, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Final Pot: $1.04
      SB shows two pairs, aces and queens
      Q:diamond: A:heart:
      Hero shows a pair of kings
      K:diamond: K:spade:

SB wins $0.99 (net +$0.48)

Hero lost $0.51
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello windar021,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Here is some help for you how to convert hands and post them in correct format: link.

About the play:
      Bet the flop a bit bigger and rather Bet the turn instead Checking it behind. You may even protect your hand or get value from worse. Though if you do Check behind then he may also bluff there and which means we should be calling it down.

Best Regards.
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

I just watched some of your vids, regarding the play here is some thought of mine about it. When I saw the flop I decided to c.bet based on value i didnt bet the whole pot instead I decided to bet 3/4, because even if there is a flush draw I think the flop is not to drawy for me(I could be wrong here) so I decided no need to protect so I bet small.. Now here comes the turn I definitely put some AJ type of hand to his range here and since the turn did not put a heart to make flush and since the opp checked I decided to take a free card and use pot control since there is now a scare card but still the board looks dry for me.. to be honest I guess I could possibly fold the river but Im not sure why I easily call it maybe bec the pot is quite higher compare to the bet...

P.S
      to be honest I think I have a really bad thought process here you can call my play stupid I guess but please give me some tips on how Im going to improve my thought process and maybe if you can also give me mistakes on my play here it will be highl appreciated.. thanks and by the way I saw my thread was moved?? what does that mean??
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

I just watched some of your vids and I relly appreciate your reply here, regarding the play here is some thought of mine about it. When I saw the flop I decided to c.bet based on value i didnt bet the whole pot instead I decided to bet 3/4, because even if there is a flush draw I think the flop is not to drawy for me(I could be wrong here) so I decided no need to protect so I bet small.. Now here comes the turn I definitely put some AJ type of hand to his range here and since the turn did not put a heart to make flush and since the opp checked I decided to take a free card and use pot control since there is now a scare card but still the board looks dry for me.. to be honest I guess I could possibly fold the river but Im not sure why I easily call it maybe bec the pot is quite higher compare to the bet...

P.S
      to be honest I think I have a really bad thought process here you can call my play stupid I guess but please give me some tips on how Im going to improve my thought process and maybe if you can also give me mistakes on my play here it will be highl appreciated.. thanks and by the way I saw my thread was moved?? what does that mean??
      I forgot to use the " Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" lol
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      One more thing I need some advise from you I only play at party poker bec of the money I got from passing the quiz.. But before I even took the test I already got a plan of putting $200 on pokerstars(i treat the as my business).. Im planning to play 2NL/deepstack and will buy in for max buy-in($5)/wanting to multitable target is going up to 24tables... now Im thinking if is it much better to deposit maybe a $100 instead then getting a HUD or $200 full buy in multitabling on 2NL/max buy in without a HUD?? what do you think coach??thanks
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      One more thing I need some advise from you I only play at party poker bec of the money I got from passing the quiz.. But before I even took the test I already got a plan of putting $200 on pokerstars(i treat the as my business).. Im planning to play 2NL/deepstack and will buy in for max buy-in($5)/wanting to multitable target is going up to 24tables... now Im thinking if is it much better to deposit maybe a $100 instead then getting a HUD or $200 full buy in multitabling on 2NL/max buy in without a HUD?? what do you think coach??thanks

I again fogot to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" function lol

hope for your response thanks..
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      "Though if you do Check behind then he may also bluff there and which means we should be calling it down."

so you mean the call on the river was still correct after checking the turn?? sorry I really got so much questions here..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      thanks and by the way I saw my thread was moved?? what does that mean??

That you posted it into wrong section. :P

I'd advice also for you to start with Beginner's Course, here is the link. You can ask all those questions there or another option is also some other guys may give you advice about it here: link.

Both options are fine, the small stakes program doesn't even cost that much like $50 and you may keep $150 on the site. Neither it's not that important in the beginning to have the HUD anyways, whilst you might be better concentrating on the game overall as chart.

"Though if you do Check behind then he may also bluff there and which means we should be calling it down." so you mean the call on the river was still correct after checking the turn?? sorry I really got so much questions here..

Yes, cause he may easily bluff with missed FD. :) Against which we actually should be betting the flop bigger + vs Qx hands.
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      ah ok so I guess I will focus on depositing the whole 200 to stars soon and maybe trying to focus more on my strategy Im playing 6 tables so I thought of getting a HUD bec its seems like I cant quite notice all teh actions on all tables.. so when you say HUD is not necessary are you talking about multitabling up to 24 tables and still play profitable is possible at 2nl?? I got a new Hand posted on Hand evaluation up to no limit .05/.10.. I was suppose to be maybe up for 50BB or so at the end of my session this morning til I got that hand.. Hoping you can take a look at it and put some comments I will highly appreciate it..thanks
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      on more thing though what do you mean by "whilst you might be better concentrating on the game overall as chart" what do you mean chart.. Im sorry I did not get what you mean by chart.. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by windar021
      on more thing though what do you mean by "whilst you might be better concentrating on the game overall as chart" what do you mean chart.. Im sorry I did not get what you mean by chart.. :D
      Starting reading the content you need to learn and you will find out: link.