This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 SH All In Maniac

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Villain had started to go on full tilt after he lost to my straight in the previous post and began pushing all in

nobody had called him yet & this was the third or fourth time he pushed all in

I think I should have pushed instead of called

I estimated his range to be least 90% +

What would be your range in this spot?

Villain is 69/49/7/22/74

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

Button ($45.85)
      SB ($23.15)
      BB ($28.60)
      UTG ($31.80)
      Hero ($43.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with , .
      UTG raises to $31.8 (All-In), Hero calls $31.80, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0) , , (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $63.95
  • 5 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      See article Adjusting the preflop strategy to awful players (Basic) by SoyCD.

I think your move was incorrect because there were tons of people acting behind you, if you would be last to act then I'd call.
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I knew I was well ahead of his range but was unsure if I should have made the call/push as I have 3 people to act behind me

I think I have read that article but I'll give it a reread
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      88 against any 2 is fine.
      But I´d make isolation all-in shove.
      Hard to believe that anyone would call there with 99 or TT or maybe even JJ.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      I wouldnt do it, if someone behind u wake up with aces, kings, jacks, u have to call, and u lose ur whole stack just because this maniac.

Small ball against worse opponents :P pick a better spot.
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I actually disagree, by the time I wake up with a good hand somebody else has got him, also my equity is decent against his range

It is true that I shouldn't have called, thats why I should have pushed instead to maximize my fold equity