Hero (UTG) ($29.55) 148bb
      UTG+1 ($23.06) 115bb
      CO ($45.84) 229bb
      BTN ($2.60) 13bb
      SB ($20) 100bb
      BB ($33.97) 170bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is UTG K:spade: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: 8:club: K:heart: J:spade: ($2.10, 3 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds

Turn: 5:club: ($5.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.60, CO calls $3.60

River: J:diamond: ($12.30, 2 players)
      Hero ($23.85)?

Villain is total unknown.

What is your preferred line for the whole hand..
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello albionpro,

Vs unknown I doubt that your sizes are bad or anything, vs loose guys you can easily even go for bigger value. Though on the river vs unknown I'd just Bet for value vs Kx hands, we can't even be sure if he likes to bluff there with missed draws.

Best Regards.
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello albionpro,

Vs unknown I doubt that your sizes are bad or anything, vs loose guys you can easily even go for bigger value. Though on the river vs unknown I'd just Bet for value vs Kx hands, we can't even be sure if he likes to bluff there with missed draws.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz, what worse hands are we expecting to be called by if we go for another street of value? Tbh the only hands we can get value out of to me are KQ and KT.

Wouldn't it be better to maybe c/call the flop or turn and go from there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by albionpro
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello albionpro,

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz, what worse hands are we expecting to be called by if we go for another street of value? Tbh the only hands we can get value out of to me are KQ and KT.

Wouldn't it be better to maybe c/call the flop or turn and go from there?
      It's a single raised pot, so enough of KQ/KT combos and maybe even worse cause we are also deep as K9s/K8s or whatsoever.

Either to Check/Call the river or not is really up to you and how much you assume him being able to bluff there, I just don't see him bluffing much cause it's quite obvious that we are on a made hand.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi albionpro,

Vs total unknown I'd go for a block bet on the river. After all he either has KQ/KTs or some Jx/fullhouse. My sizing would be around 8$.

Also I don't think we have other options of playing the hand on the flop and turn since our hand is very vulnerable. I'd even go as far as to say that if we decide to check turn/river it should be a x/fold since we are lost from this point on.

Best regards.

LE: After thinking more about I think that I'd go for a check on the flop being 150bb deep, BTN non existant and without any value in making him fold his air.