Dealt to Hero J:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.50) Q:diamond: 4:heart: 5:diamond:

SB bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, SB folds

Hero shows J:club: K:club:

Hero wins $5.70

Hi!

Villain 24/22 reg, 40% SB steal, 15% 4bet 70 cbet, 25 wtsd 5k hands

Pre: call>3bet right? I would rather 3bet K8o or QTo type hands.

Flop: Do you like playing back on board like this? (1 high card with some draws) I don't represent much I think, I will never have 44-55 (3bet preflop), only made hand I can have is 45s, draws or bluffs. Actually I never raise here QJ or KQ. It's still hard for him to continue and my bluff have to work 54%.

1: Do you think lot of people playing back here and 3betting air or 77-88? I think its not good to call 77-88 when the opponent is capable or barreling, lots of bad cards etc.. For this reasion should I raise KQ-AQ when I know he might know this right?

2: Is this Q45s flop or a K78s flop better? I can rep more but he can continue with more hands as well. Or almost the same?

3: Which line do you prefer to bluff, float or raise cbet? I case he is barrelling a lot raise flop and if he c/folds most the turns then float right?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Preflop: Vs his 4bet not really greatest idea to 3bet, rather play it postflop IP.
      Postflop: Why would you never have 44/55 here? Though I don't really like the raise, the main reason why I don't is that practically if you get called you wont have good equity and nor you ain't even able to barrel a lot. But overall it ain't like a huge mistake to do that cause he is still opening tons of hands + CBetting a lot. Very difficult for him to continue.

1: Do you think lot of people playing back here and 3betting air or 77-88? I think its not good to call 77-88 when the opponent is capable or barreling, lots of bad cards etc.. For this reasion should I raise KQ-AQ when I know he might know this right?

Depends a lot on the opponent and how he reacts, but those Qx hands are clearly raise for value.

2: Is this Q45s flop or a K78s flop better? I can rep more but he can continue with more hands as well. Or almost the same?

Depends a lot how you play, difficult to say whilst not even knowing your defending range or anything. Nor how much you fold your BB or whatsoever those stats which would give us the information which is better board.

3: Which line do you prefer to bluff, float or raise cbet? I case he is barrelling a lot raise flop and if he c/folds most the turns then float right?

We ain't able to continue most of the turn cards and if he likes to barrel then you can't really float unless he has 2nd barreling leak. :) Which should also give you the answer what we should be doing.

Best Regards.