PC hardware 20+ tabling

• MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Hello guys, today I have more IT/hardware question for those of u masstabling on Pokerstars, using TableNinja and Holdem Manager.

Recently I tend to play more thn 20 tables and I sometimes have feeling it is not that smooth, little lags here and there. I think my PC is solid, so I am mre inclined to think it is about optimization of TN, HEM, Stars...
      I mean, when i have 15 tables, everytin super smooth, with 20+ I can tell the difference.

If anyone is masstabling and usin softwares, can u tell me your hardware and how s it runnin?

TY!!!
  • 17 replies
    • mute20
      mute20
      Gold
      I run about 18 tables ,but the big things for good performance for this is at least 6 gigs of ram/processor i3-quadcore/solid state harddrive. If you are really hardcore you could make a custom pc that you only play poker on. 2-24"+ monitors seems to be a standard if you go 20+.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      20 tables, with computer programs to assist you,

now thats poker.
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brobz
      20 tables, with computer programs to assist you,

now thats poker.
      agree
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      I run about 18 tables ,but the big things for good performance for this is at least 6 gigs of ram/processor i3-quadcore/solid state harddrive. If you are really hardcore you could make a custom pc that you only play poker on. 2-24"+ monitors seems to be a standard if you go 20+.
      Used to have lags with 1.7 Ghz machine, with i5 I only experience lags with up to 27 tables+ PT3 HUD and no TN
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      No, at least 192 GB, everything else is not enough. Really, come on... You need fast CPU and HDD (SSD is better). Even 2 GB of RAM is enough but CPU is the one working with HUD numbers. I agree for monitors. 20 tables + PT3 HUD will eat less than 700 MB of my RAM (3GB) and it's all going with no lag with my old Core2Duo T5870 CPU.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      As for trollin - whyy?

For real thing - hey guys, thx.
      Am askin coz am playin about 20 tables for some time and only when addin extra few I sometimes, not always, experience little lags. I was buildin my PC for poker only, I dont need two monitors, but still have that possibility, I have solid 4-core, 4GB RAMs, so it s all weird. BUT - SSD might be the issue, so am upgradin tommorow and ll see. If not, am buildin brand new everytin to be able 27-30 table here and there. Or..it is possible but every little laggy thing just disturbs me :)

GL
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Diamond
      I'm not amazing with software but I know basics so I'll try to shed some light.
      I used to have a 3GB ram AMD (I would think the one that is equivalent to i3 or a little worse). Playing 30 tables on that thing was like playing 40+ tables on a better computer cause of the lag but that might have been a software issue I don't know. But I upgraded anyway to a beast desktop of a laptop (XPS 17 i7 8GB ram 555m(3G) quad core) and no lag lol. Sometimes I do experience some sort of lag but I think that is just HM/table ninja/pokerstars/internet/etc. all deciding to do something big at the exact same time thus making a little lag.

If that didn't help, HM2 has a shit tone of lag! HM1 has none for me. That was one of my issues once.
    • Lievaai
      Lievaai
      Bronze
      I've just build one myself. Most imporant is a good processor, enough ram and an SSD where you install your HEM/PT3 on...
      I have an Intel Core i5 3570K, 8GB ram (6 would be ok to) and a samsung 830 128Gb SSD for my windows/HEM 2 and another harddisk for everything else.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Btw, HEM2 seems to be really resource heavy. I had some issues with lag playing 16+ tables along with HEM2 on a slower machine. As soon as I switched back to HEM1 there were no problems.

Currently I can play 16 tables at stars with HEM2 running on my newer machine with 6GB of RAM. Other software such as party/WPT seem to be a little more system intensive, and I had a few lag issues, which strangely are solved as soon as I disable sound FX.
    • Lievaai
      Lievaai
      Bronze
      Indeed, Mass multitabeling with HEM2 without an SSD is a nightmare, but with one, its very smooth
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      u need icore 1000+ for hem2. shit lags so much the turtle has a better chance of outrunning it.

go with pt3 or pt4 instead
    • riverdr3amer
      riverdr3amer
      Basic
      Hm 2 is a scam for multi tabling
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Hehe guys, HEM2 indeed sucks, but am usin HEM1 all the time.

Btw I built like the same comp as Lievaai = i5-3570k, 8GB RAM, Samsung 830 SSD :D It s all makin a big difference...now all the lags will be only TN related or so...but I didnt have some more significant lag lately, so I can only recommend, this new Intel stuff + SSD = fast, efficient, low wattage...
    • andyg2001
      andyg2001
      Basic
      Originally posted by Lievaai
      I've just build one myself. Most imporant is a good processor, enough ram and an SSD where you install your HEM/PT3 on...
      I have an Intel Core i5 3570K, 8GB ram (6 would be ok to) and a samsung 830 128Gb SSD for my windows/HEM 2 and another harddisk for everything else.
      With the SSD it's not about having PT or HEM on the SSD, but having the PSQL database that both HEM and PT use on the SSD that's important.

And for anyone that has not done so be sure to optimize psql for best use of the memory on your PC.
    • sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

I multitable 12 tables SnG (up to 15 max - my 23" monitor is restricting me) and I have massive lags with HEM2.

My PC is core2duo 2 core 2,5Ghz 4GB ram and HDD, no SSD - is SSD gonna solve my problems or I have to change processor?

I have over 130k hands on sng and some 60k hands on rush. It takes 5 seconds to switch tabs in HEM2 and god forbid if I try to bring HEM2 in front if I am in the middle of 12-table session. Whole PC can freeze up up to 10 sec or worse. My windows 7 is fresh and no crapware so it is probably my database - which is getting only bigger.
      What do you think - whats your experience with switching to SSD?
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      95% of the time the bottleneck in a system is not the processor, but the processor waiting for read/write on the hard drive.

Go for SSD you won't regret it :D
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      i play 24-28 tables and i use the pokerstars built in hotkeys, maby that will help, then you dont need to run table ninja