This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQs preflop AI?

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv!

Opponent is 22/19/6 after 177 hands.

This is a pretty questionable spot. I did not played it on tilt don´t worry:)
      I think that since his 3bet is 6 he will often 3bet light so I think that I have enough fold equity here. I did not had my Equilab installed cause I´ve got clean install of Win and forgot about it.

What do you think generally?

When it is worthwhile to ship AQs preflop?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.36
      SB: $5.28
      BB: $5.07
      UTG: $8.48
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.00
      MP: $9.63
      MP+1: $3.73
      CO: $2.04

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.70, fold, Hero raises to $2.00 and is all-in, SB calls $1.30
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Do you know if he 3bets polarized or depolarized? Mostly 4% means he mostly 3bets for value, this 6% does not make it more interesting.

Looking it elsewhere, your position is awkward in terms of him 3betting. You have a much stronger range from UTG+1 than if you would be sitting @ BTN. Meaning he is more likely to 3bet a stronger range than a weaker range so there would be less bluffs.

I generally think I would just raise/fold here because of the reasons given.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv!

What does it means polarized/depolarized?

Thank you for your opinions so far. I will try to watch the position between hero/villain more in these spots.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AYuraoA
      Hi Gerv!

What does it means polarized/depolarized?

Thank you for your opinions so far. I will try to watch the position between hero/villain more in these spots.
      Polarized means that his range consist of Strong & Bluffs. So like JJ+,AK & 72o,82o,94o,. When you 4bet, he folds his bluffs.

Depolarized (linear) means he is just 3betting from the top down so JJ+,AK and then down to TT,99,AQ,AJs,88.