[NL2-NL10] AQs preflop AI?

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv!

Opponent is 22/19/6 after 177 hands.

This is a pretty questionable spot. I did not played it on tilt don´t worry:)
      I think that since his 3bet is 6 he will often 3bet light so I think that I have enough fold equity here. I did not had my Equilab installed cause I´ve got clean install of Win and forgot about it.

What do you think generally?

When it is worthwhile to ship AQs preflop?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.36
      SB: $5.28
      BB: $5.07
      UTG: $8.48
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.00
      MP: $9.63
      MP+1: $3.73
      CO: $2.04

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.70, fold, Hero raises to $2.00 and is all-in, SB calls $1.30
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Do you know if he 3bets polarized or depolarized? Mostly 4% means he mostly 3bets for value, this 6% does not make it more interesting.

Looking it elsewhere, your position is awkward in terms of him 3betting. You have a much stronger range from UTG+1 than if you would be sitting @ BTN. Meaning he is more likely to 3bet a stronger range than a weaker range so there would be less bluffs.

I generally think I would just raise/fold here because of the reasons given.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv!

What does it means polarized/depolarized?

Thank you for your opinions so far. I will try to watch the position between hero/villain more in these spots.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AYuraoA
      Hi Gerv!

What does it means polarized/depolarized?

Thank you for your opinions so far. I will try to watch the position between hero/villain more in these spots.
      Polarized means that his range consist of Strong & Bluffs. So like JJ+,AK & 72o,82o,94o,. When you 4bet, he folds his bluffs.

Depolarized (linear) means he is just 3betting from the top down so JJ+,AK and then down to TT,99,AQ,AJs,88.