[NL2-NL10] Nl4 77

• DarkBlade282
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.48) J, 3, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.34, MP2 calls $0.34, CO folds, SB calls $0.34.

Turn: ($1.5) 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP2 folds, SB raises to $2.82(All-In), Hero calls $1.82.

River: ($7.14) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.14.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, sevens and threes(7 7).
      SB shows three of a kind, threes(3 A).

SB wins with three of a kind, threes(3 A).
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      Bet only the flop and check/fold other streets. In a multiway-pot, your opponent calling range on flop usually beats you, and if it doesn't, we still don't want to play for stacks w 77 there.
    • DeMarcohsp
      I don't think we should be donking 77 here, we are called only by flush draws and better hands, so our equity is bad and also I don't think we have that much FE against 3 players.

Your donking range here should be made up of either value hands that can bet for value 3 streets or bluffing hands which can barrel effectively.

Depending on what I know about my opponents I might x/call one street (mostly against CO) and give up later on the hand if I am faced with aggression again.

If flop gets checked through and a blank comes on the turn (like the 2 :spade:) we can bet to take it down since we are likely to have the best hand.

On the turn you should 100% give up imo.
    • veriz
      Hello DarkBlade282,

Donking ain't that horrible here cause we could of course even have the best hand, worse PPs may call, FDs may Call and not that many hands have the Jx in their ranges. We assuming also that we ain't vs very good players whilst already one guy just limp/called who has definitely a wide range + CO with his isolating range.

Which makes still our hand being able to be ahead vs their whole ranges and not really being far-far behind. If we Check then we have to Check/Fold it. Though we should be betting it a bit smaller like 30 cents on the flop or so to void the pot getting too big.

But as we see for the given play-style which hero actually picked is the conclusion that you shouldn't be donking in those spots, why? Cause you see yourself, you are overplaying totally your mid-PP hand there being even in a multiway pot. Your main plan was either to take it down or at least being HU vs a caller and then reevaluating the turn.

Best Regards.