i carnt read to learn

• 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Watching videos may be the way to go for you.

There are different style of learning -- different people learn in different ways.

I don't do so well with videos -- or articles for that matter -- unless I take them in small bits, and try things out as I go. Unless I do that, by the time I get to the end I have forgotten the beginning.

Another thing you might try is when reading a section read only a short bit, then say out loud what it meant.

There are also courses available that might help your reading skill too.
    • Oakesyy
      Oakesyy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sugerbutty19
      hi i can not read very well and i get wound up when reading anything long i wotch poker online to try and learn its just not the same any advice ??? :)
      I'm the same I'm not a fan of reading anything long. I start to read then just lose interest. As VorpalF2F said you should take a look at the videos on the site. They have been very helpful to me and my game.
      Hopefully they can help you as well.
    • sugerbutty19
      sugerbutty19
      Basic
      thanks u been helpfull i will be trying everthing u said and hope it work thanks :D
    • sugerbutty19
      sugerbutty19
      Basic
      thanks i have been wotching a vid and allready helped me thanks :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck on your journey then sugerbutty19!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hey,

your weaknesses are he opportunities for improvement. learn rapid/speed reading and long texts will become short and easy to read.

you will also want to learn actively, not passively. that means taking notes while reading articles. comparing these notes to how you play in those spots.

it means not just watching a video but stopping a video in a tricky situation, thinking about what you would do in a similar situation and only then resuming the video, listening to what the coach would say, comparing your thoughts with the coaches and writing down the differences.

i strongly suggest getting a notepad for wriing everything in it and i went into way more detail about how to learn in one of my live coachings. look for it. in the news section, it should be there in the next couple of weeks.

-sf