NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.95)
      Hero ($58.11)
      UTG ($35.09)
      UTG+1 ($34.07)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($20.99)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, CO calls $1.80

FLOP ($4.90) Q:heart: 5:heart: 7:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($4.90) Q:heart: 5:heart: 7:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

RIVER ($10.70) Q:heart: 5:heart: 7:spade: 2:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.70, Hero raises to $18.60

several points I would like to get feedback on

not a ton of hands, but too loose preflop with a wider than average gap VPIP/PFR. saw him call 62s in BB vs BU open.

I decide to go for a x/r, potentially getting money from hands that would fold to a bet and maybe folding out hands that bet the flop for protection, but without a plan about how to react to a x/r such as 66.

if he has a pair and was potcontrolling the flop, I don't know whether he will give up vs a double barrel, so I rather not play it that way. hands that were not pot controlling but just giving up, I am beating anyway and they might actually not try to make me fold.
      My EQ is too low for a x/r, so I decide to x/c

I want to give him a chance to double barrel his weak hands, his flushes and slowplayed flop hands will bet anyway. so Against this part of his range, I love x/r. I do believe that he will x/b quite a few made hands such as 88, and I also believe that he might call a river donk with them. These last assumptions have very little foundation, which is why I x/r. Also, I do make so much more of the hands he does bet, when I x/r than when I donk.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Verum,

Even if you plan to Check/Raise the flop then why do you Check the turn? Do you really hope that he is Checking behind? He is more often Betting and then you wont even have implied odds vs his weak pairs/PPs which ain't paying you on the river.

Though as played not much to comment, standard on the river to Check/Shove.

Best Regards.
    • Verum
      You Sound like you dissagree with checking the flop, as well as checking the turn. What would your turn play be and why do you prefer betting the flop?