fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) K:spade: 4:spade: 4:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.40) K:spade: 4:spade: 4:club: 8:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.40) K:spade: 4:spade: 4:club: 8:diamond: 5:club:

SB bets $0.80

Villain:
      24/17...plays several tables, all with different stack sizes, from 200bb down to 25bb...few hands

Flop:
      can't fold better, not much worse will call

Turn:
      him not betting tilts his range a bit towards hands with some SD value, awaay from strong hands and nothing

River:
      I look like a weak pocket or A high...his strongest hand would be an 8; however, how many SCs does one call in the SB vs CO? so the question becomes, how loose does he value bet this river. If he doesn't bet it loosely, I can easily call.
  • 8 replies
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i would bet c-bet flop and if he calls with a pocket pair , this is good spot to triple barrow... because mostly he has pocket pairs in that spot, and not suited conectors

i make my bets
      on flop (30% of pot)
      on turn 50%
      on river 50%

on river ur beat and he knows it. If i think oponent calls A high i would value bet my 22 pair in this spot
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Originally posted by bonecore

on river ur beat and he knows it. If i think oponent calls A high i would value bet my 22 pair in this spot
      same here...however, why would he think that...
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      because mostly he has pocket pairs in that spot, and not suited conectors

i
      I think that I will get some bluff x/r, might get called down by some of the better pockets, get called down by all of his Kings, and if the turn hits the fd could be bad as well....so I do not see enough scenarios that turn out well for me to tripple barrel my entire range....why would I then 3 barrel a hand that actually has some showdown value?

Do you disagree with my assumptions?
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      u asked why would you then 3 barrel ?

after thinking more... i would only 2 barrow

here is why...
      flop: -u can get called by flush draw, otherwise the board is dry and this kind of board .. who bets usually takes it down
      turn:-his handrange now is what ? KQ,KJ, pocket pairs, flush draw.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black

flop: -u can get called by flush draw, otherwise the board is dry and this kind of board .. who bets usually takes it down
      Only betting once does not sound like a profitable play. I believe we do agree on that.

turn:-his handrange now is what ? KQ,KJ, pocket pairs, flush draw.
      My assumption would have a few A highs as well...
      against this range I do not want to bet...I will get some of the flush draws to fold, even though A high fds, which are most of his fds, might continue.
      In addition to that...I do not know whether the turn will bring cards I want to see....do I want to see the flush complete? My Equity in the hand, when called, comes from potential overcards to the pairs in his range...I will be unlikely to make money from those when they hit, and I don't represent anything but a K, A4s, 44 or an arriving flush when I barrel...

I feel like you have not told me what you want him to fold on the turn when you fire youor second barrel. Please tell me...I would like to understand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verum,

Either we CB the flop or we are planning to give it up. There is no way I am folding the river vs such a sizing which exactly looks like a thin value-bet with PPs.

Best Regards.
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i am thinking that he calls flop with a pair and checks turn and river hoping to see a showdown.... so i was thinking second barrel can fold a pair

what would i do if i was in his shoes?
      FLOP: I would fold A high if I was in villain;s spot, or a pocket pair
      or alternative line: call flop and donk turn.
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      veriz, would u call flop and turn with pocket pair? because that is what your comment seems to say or i dont understand?