Tournament With Rebuys

• Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Hey,

I'm trying Tournaments with rebuys, lets say 1.10+R on Stars. Rebuy period is 90mins.

What hand range i should play till rebuy period ends? Because everyone is ready to raise all in till rebuy ends. They usually do raise all in with any card that has Ace with it. Lets say A2o. A7o, you get the point.

So, how i should play that part? Tight? Very Tight? Very Loose ?

And how tight my hand range should be after rebuy period?

Lets say ~25-30+ MZone.
  • 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've moved your thread to the relevant board :)
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I'm so sorry Ingrid, Thanks !
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ufonautas
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I'm so sorry Ingrid, Thanks !
      don't be silly, no problems at all. I just wanted to move it to the correct board so the coaches will see your question :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi ufonautus and welcome to the tournament strategy forum :)

It really depends on your personal style and your bankroll. Normally you should have at least 300 average buyins for pokerstars standard tournaments. You obviously can't take that rule for rebuy tournaments since you will invest way more then just the buyin. Therefore you should normally count between 5 to 7 Buyins.

Depending on your bankroll you have to play a bit tighter (5 BI's --> only one available double rebuy on average) or you will be able to play very loose and take every coinflip you can (7 or more BI's, some people need 20+ rebuy's in triple turbo structures). So it very much depends on your own financial possibilities.

Your preferred playstyle should be taken into account as well. It doesn't make sense to play a super loose aggressive style if you don't know how to execute it properly. You should always like your own style.

Personally I play kind of loose. I call of many allins with my pocket pairs since I normally have good equity. Furthermore I take some gamble spots with suited connectore when there is a multiway allin. I therefore count with 7 to 9 average buyins and my bankroll is always big enough so that I can effort some rebuys on top now and then (I have a 400 average buyin bankroll management).

As soon as the rebuy period finishes I would suggest to play your normal style. It's a standard freezeout now and there is no need to play it different. Use your standard open raising ranges and your standard callingranges and so on.

I hope I was able to help you :)
      If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Hi ufonautus and welcome to the tournament strategy forum :)

It really depends on your personal style and your bankroll. Normally you should have at least 300 average buyins for pokerstars standard tournaments. You obviously can't take that rule for rebuy tournaments since you will invest way more then just the buyin. Therefore you should normally count between 5 to 7 Buyins.

Depending on your bankroll you have to play a bit tighter (5 BI's --> only one available double rebuy on average) or you will be able to play very loose and take every coinflip you can (7 or more BI's, some people need 20+ rebuy's in triple turbo structures). So it very much depends on your own financial possibilities.

Your preferred playstyle should be taken into account as well. It doesn't make sense to play a super loose aggressive style if you don't know how to execute it properly. You should always like your own style.

Personally I play kind of loose. I call of many allins with my pocket pairs since I normally have good equity. Furthermore I take some gamble spots with suited connectore when there is a multiway allin. I therefore count with 7 to 9 average buyins and my bankroll is always big enough so that I can effort some rebuys on top now and then (I have a 400 average buyin bankroll management).

As soon as the rebuy period finishes I would suggest to play your normal style. It's a standard freezeout now and there is no need to play it different. Use your standard open raising ranges and your standard callingranges and so on.

I hope I was able to help you :)
      If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
      Thanks Asaban, got the main idea.
      I'll Try some tournaments today and tomorrow, will post how everything goes. :)

Thanks again!
    • ChiTheoK0To
      ChiTheoK0To
      Bronze
      so normally better we got 3000 bi for this kind of game?
      I rarely play these kind :f_frown: , for me the chance I'm ITM is small
      ------
      by the way, I want to ask about double rebuy and strategy we use for rebuy?
      how many rebuy we could handle in 1 tour, better we rebuy until which time of the tournament?
      and the addon when we using add on
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      First of all: Always take the addon. In theory there might be situations where an addon gets -EV. In reality this is very hard to imagine and won't ever happen to you most likely. The addon adds more chips then a single rebuy does in most cases, while costing the same amount of $. Therefore it is very profitable to take the addon.

Talking about rebuys:
      You should always take the initial rebuy to get started. As long as there is at least one other player that you have an edge against who took an initial rebuy as well, the initial rebuy is important to be able to realize that edge. Otherwise you are loosing money in allin situations against this player.

Furthermore you should always take another double rebuy if you lose your initial stack. At least as long as you give yourself an edge with the rebuy stack. If you don't rebuy in this situation you will give up on your edge. The fact, that rebuys don't cost rake at most sites makes the double rebuy even more +EV.

There are situations where a double rebuy doesn't make sense any longer. For example if you play a triple turbo rebuy and the blinds are 1k/2k while a double rebuy would only give you another 3k. You won't be able to realize your edge with this kind of stack - therefore there is no need to take a rebuy anymore.

In most cases the double rebuy should be +EV though. If you are playing the tournament with an aggressive BRM it might make sense to do without further rebuys since they wouldn't fit into your BRM (the initial rebuy, as well as the addon should still be taken).
      If you go with conservative BRM (at least 1500 BI's for rebuys, better 2500+) that won't be the case of course.

Hope that answers your question. If you have further questions feel free to ask :)

Regards,
      Asaban