[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 AA top set vs flop raise.

• DeMarcohsp
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $62.04 (124.1 bb)
      BTN: $24.89 (49.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $63.86 (127.7 bb)
      BB: $195.20 (390.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, CO calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 5 8 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.75, CO raises to $19.25, Hero raises to $58.36 and is all-in, CO folds

$50 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 5 8 A
      CO mucked and lost (-$24.75 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $47.50 ($22.75 net)

His raise looks like he is commited ( he needs 30 % equity to make the call vs my shove) wondering if villain can have any pure bluffs (he might be a poor player) and if ther is value in calling and letting him shove the turn.

I guess he is not going to continue bluffing turn after I call and the risk of him getting a free card with his draws... so standard shove?
  • 3 replies
    • Verum
      I have been wrestling with this hand...feel like you should call...
      even on a 2d you still have enough equity to call against his all in shove, so you can't make any mistake vs his range...but he can.

Also, he might not just put you on made hands that will not fold. Maybe he puts you on a draw, maybe he tilts, maybe he isn't putting you on anything and just wants a fold...all of this can't happen when you shove...
    • DeMarcohsp
      Hi Verum,

I deff don't think the problem is that we can't x/c turn (even when flush completes).

Imo the question is whether the chance that he is going to do all that stuff outweighs the possibility of him getting a free card on the turn..

We can think that if he had a fd we were going to lose our stack anyways, he continues to bet his storing hands anyways and we obtain the possibility of doing all the random stuff you mentioned by calling here and checking turn.
    • veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Assuming that the guy may even Call you off after the raise with FD then shipping is totally fine. The FD at least wont be paying if it wont hit on the turn. We can't be sure if it even bluffs the turn himself, draws would most likely just Check it behind.

Best Regards.