Learning groups

• JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! I introduce myself first; my name is Pablo, and I am from Argentina --so please excuse (and point out) any grammar error!. I've been back to poker for about two months now, playing ultra-micro stakes.

I use a lot the Spanish forum, and there is something I found quite interesting. In case it hasn't been said here yet, I tell you and you let me know if it could be done :D

We get together once a week to discuss poker on (on? or through? which one should I use here?) skype and also talk nonsense haha.

I thought maybe, if some of you were interested, we could do it here too! We could group together by stakes and/or poker room and discuss different hands, play a session live while the others show their thoughts about the hands and such. What do you think about it?

PS: All credits go to Benido, who had the original idea
  • 34 replies
    • irik83
      irik83
      Hi, Im from czech republic and study group is very goog idea..unfortunately my english is very weak for skype..but if it isnt problem... :D e.g. chat is possible (maybe :D )
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Good idea.

I'll just say, add each other with the community tool if you want to share skype details.
      Bronze
      im in. I play the same stakes as you JLeitmotiv :D so im definitely in.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      OK, it looks like the groups in the forum don't have much functionality. I've created one, though, mostly to have all of us willing to join all together in one place. Here is the link: http://en.pokerstrategy.com/community/group/g3333/Fixed_Limit_Study_Groups

So we can do this: everyone who'd like to join these groups can write here the stakes she/he is playing and we can arrange later with skype. You can add me with JLeitmotiv on skype as well, and we could arrange something. I volunteer to try to arrange the groups for each stake / set of stakes.

Any advice is of course welcome, since I honestly have no idea on how to run this thing smoothly haha
    • irik83
      irik83
      im in, actually i play only 10/20c du to downswing, but i played 25/50c ago
    • pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      I joined too, playing 10c/20c at Party.
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Hello :) i am from india & play $ .5/1 full ring

Im in

Infact i would like to take it forward which hopefully will improve our game by putting some stratigic discussion & all other ways which help all of us

I would like to share few things which i have learnt from greats & will be doing right now & hopefully it may help all of us in becoming a good FL player

1. I am learning FL 6 max & HU which i think is very important in our learning phase of full ring before we move up to higher levels from micros
      2. Putting myself out of my comfort zone by learning & going from TAG to LAGTAG & taking a small shot at higher level from time to time
      3. Putting some good strategic discussion to get players view
      4. Putting some short term goals & updating it regularly & reviewing my progress
      5. Looking forward joining a FL group which i did today :) & a partner with whom i can exchange my session review & talk about it

These r the few things which i will be doing right now & with help of our group will do everything which it takes to improve my game

Would like to thanks pokerstartegy coaches & all members who gives their time in helping others

Now its the time to make it count & do something meaningfully so that we can take this farward

Hopefully we will take this serious & discuss in detail & would also like to request coaches to give some time in showing us the right direction

looking forward for a better poker journey with help of u guys

Regards
      Bronze
      I just want to be clear. how many of us are doing full ring and how many of us are doing 6max. because to be honest i would not be much of a help to full ring players. since i find that so boring i could fall asleep while playing :D

so in order to divide us by stakes and format i think should be wonderful and help us more than if you put 3 6max players and 2 fullring players in the same "group" who will get together once or twice a week etc.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Yes! I forgot to mention that. Apart from the stakes, you should also write if it is 6max or FR. I was thinking about dividing the stakes up to .25/.50 and from .5/1, since I believe most of us will be below .25/50.

For instance, I play SH .25/.50 [since today! let's hope I can stay here :) ]
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      I would like to do a session review for .5/1 full ring

any1 interested ?
    • Rantrave
      Rantrave
      Bronze
      @Sim5sim
      me

@Avatarie,

Gather the people from .25 .50 to our small learning group and lets increase the horizonts,

up to 5-6 guys hsould be enough
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      welcome rantrave :)
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Good luck guys :f_thumbsup:
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Thanks boomer! You should join too, you could probably learn a thing or two from us :coolface: lol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rantrave
      @Sim5sim
      me

@Avatarie,

Gather the people from .25 .50 to our small learning group and lets increase the horizonts,

up to 5-6 guys hsould be enough
      sure thing mate.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      OK, we've ended our first session today with avataren playing. it's been quite nice and we got i believe 4 hands to review he will be posting on the hand evaluation forum.

I repeat, anyone interested feel free to join! gl on the tables
      Bronze
      was nice and good time. as Jleitmotiv said feel free to join
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JLeitmotiv
      Thanks boomer! You should join too, you could probably learn a thing or two from us :coolface: lol
      Hehe, the day you stop learning is the day you stop improving

MIght have something you guys may enjoy coming up, stay tuned :)
      Bronze
      If you have that boomer I personally would be grateful forever <3