[2027] Sidekick not reading in any hands

• vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I installed the pokerstrategy Sidekick yesterday however it does not show any hands from my session I played.

I installed everything as per your Guide.

However I do have a mac.
      I run the pokerstars mac software as well as PT3 (mac version). Sidekick is running via Paralells.

Do I have to make any changes to where pokerstars saves my Hand History?
      Do I have to run Sidekick while I play or can I also start it afterwards to just read in all the HH?
  • 5 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi vanBuuren89,

We officially do not support the mac operating system so I can not help you with the configuration here because I simply do not know it.

However, you need to make sure that SideKick has read access to the hand history files. Are you running SideKick in a virtual machine but your poker clients on your normal operating system?

Sounds a bit tricky, but it should be possible to create some sort of file/folder sharing between the virtual machine and the host system.

Additionally, you have to start SideKick before(!) or during play, in order to get the handhistory imported.

I hope this helps.
      Markus
    • vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      I do save the HH files. Do I have to save them in a particular folder, because I can't find anything in Sidekick where I can actually tell the program where my HH files get saved.

Correct Sidekick is running on the virtual machine (parallels) and everything else in running on my normal operating system.

In you installation guide HM2 is mentioned and that some changes need to be made however not PT3. Do I have to make any changes to PT3 or can I leave everything as it is?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think the problem has to do with running SideKick in Paralells. You can leave the hand history in it's original folder, but SideKick can not find it because the poker rooms store this information in configuration files / in the windows registry which you can obviously not access from within a virtual machine.

In order for this to work, you'd need to install all poker clients on the same virtual machine as SideKick.
    • Returners777
      Returners777
      Bronze
      Hi mrk1988 !

Is here any revards for these kicks ?

I have them a lot, but i didnt,t get any points.

Thank you
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Returners777
      Hi mrk1988 !

Is here any revards for these kicks ?

I have them a lot, but i didnt,t get any points.

Thank you
      Hi Returners777,

this depends if there is currently an ongoing promotion with sidekick or not.

Please see here for updates about our promotions and if kicks will get you points / prizes or tickets for a raffle.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/promotions/