[NL2-NL10] NL10: 77 vs loose passive guy's minraise

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1883479
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $8.79 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 0,6, Hands: 39
      BTN: $6.12 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 3,5, cBetFlop:0(1), BTNsteal: 0(1), Hands: 38
      SB: $4.42 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 54
      Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 64253
      UTG: $4.11 - VPIP: 71, PFR: 53, 3B: 11, AF: 3,6, Hands: 34

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 7 :spade: 7 :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 8 :diamond: 2 :spade: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.45) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN folds

Calling for set value vs this guy should be fine preflop.
      My stab on the turn for protection vs overcards + value from Ahigh should make sense as well.

I just wanted to also ask if you would also agree with a fold vs a cBet on this flop – I mean, I am worried about villain's low PFR and even though it is still a minraise and could be perceived sometimes as signalling a weaker range, it is difficult to play such a weak PP OOP since it is so difficult to assign a correct range to villain's preflop minraising.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Seems to be fine the play, I like it and I'd play the same way. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Would you agree with a fold to his cBet (if he made one) if I am afraid of him possibly having a stronger range there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Would you agree with a fold to his cBet (if he made one) if I am afraid of him possibly having a stronger range there?
      Umm, I don't get your question? You mean if we fold the flop? No way. :D
      Bronze
      The sample size is basically too small for us to assume that he is very tight when it comes to raising, especially since this is a steal situation, he is on the BU + this is a minraise, right? Thus it also make sense to check/call on this flop as we are still not necessarily up against a nitty/monster preflop range and thus are doing fine equity wise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The sample size is basically too small for us to assume that he is very tight when it comes to raising, especially since this is a steal situation, he is on the BU + this is a minraise, right? Thus it also make sense to check/call on this flop as we are still not necessarily up against a nitty/monster preflop range and thus are doing fine equity wise?
      Why would you assume that you are against a monster always here when you face a CB?
      Bronze
      No, I don't think that I am up against a mosnter when I face a CB here, I am just a bit worried about his preflop range and how well I am doing vs it on this flop. But it should be the case that the sample size is too small + villain can still have a wide range from BU, especially since it is a minraise, and thus I shouldn't be worried, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No, I don't think that I am up against a mosnter when I face a CB here, I am just a bit worried about his preflop range and how well I am doing vs it on this flop. But it should be the case that the sample size is too small + villain can still have a wide range from BU, especially since it is a minraise, and thus I shouldn't be worried, right?
      Why would you even worry about it? :) If you think so then just fold it, who said folding is wrong? Folding can never be wrong.