Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1883639
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $11.91 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 0,5, Hands: 41
      Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 64253
      BB: $3.00 - VPIP: 62, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 1,5, Hands: 13
      UTG: $5.93 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 1,8, Hands: 33
      CO: $4.85 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 20, 3B: 4, AF: 11,0, Hands: 79

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: A :heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 4 :diamond: Q :spade: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.50) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.80, CO folds

I don't really like the turn card as it often improves his range but I guess that we still have to go broke vs his stack because he can still call with KQ, KJ, AsTs or something like that.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Pretty standard, either we Bet the turn ourselves and ship it vs his stack which most likely is fine or we can also even Check/Call it and let him bluff if we assume he is rather aggressive for it.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      or we can also even Check/Call it and let him bluff if we assume he is rather aggressive for it.

If we go for this plan what kind of a range do we assume villain is calling with on the flop? I think that on this flop it is mostly made hands or draws that improved to a made hand as the board hits his range rather well. Very rarely will he have random floats in his range, I think. Thus it is hard for me to see value in inducing here as he can even check behind his KJ, J9, KQ, which is not what we want.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      or we can also even Check/Call it and let him bluff if we assume he is rather aggressive for it.

If we go for this plan what kind of a range do we assume villain is calling with on the flop? I think that on this flop it is mostly made hands or draws that improved to a made hand as the board hits his range rather well. Very rarely will he have random floats in his range, I think. Thus it is hard for me to see value in inducing here as he can even check behind his KJ, J9, KQ, which is not what we want.
      Well, if you are going to Check/Call then you can't give him a calling range -> he is betting then. :D
      Bronze
      Well, if you are going to Check/Call then you can't give him a calling range -> he is betting then.

:s_confused: I meant – what do you think is his calling range on the flop if you also suggest check/calling the turn after cBetting the flop as an alternative? How can checking the turn give us more value than betting it ourselves, given the points I analyzed in my previous post:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, if you are going to Check/Call then you can't give him a calling range -> he is betting then.

:s_confused: I meant – what do you think is his calling range on the flop if you also suggest check/calling the turn after cBetting the flop as an alternative? How can checking the turn give us more value than betting it ourselves, given the points I analyzed in my previous post:
      Please read my 1st evaluation, I wrote the answer there already. :)
      Bronze
      Well, you said that we can also check/call the turn after we have cBet the flop as an alternative (I didn't understand it wrongly, did I?) if villain is aggressive. However, I would have to have quite some read that villain can call this particular flop texture with the intention of bluffing me off on later streets in order to go for a cBet flop, check/call turn line, wouldn't I?
      Because normally I would assume that on the turn he most likely has some sort of a made hand that he is more likely to just check behind if it is weaker than ours, instead of betting. Unless I have a special read, of course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, you said that we can also check/call the turn after we have cBet the flop as an alternative (I didn't understand it wrongly, did I?) if villain is aggressive. However, I would have to have quite some read that villain can call this particular flop texture with the intention of bluffing me off on later streets in order to go for a cBet flop, check/call turn line, wouldn't I?
      Because normally I would assume that on the turn he most likely has some sort of a made hand that he is more likely to just check behind if it is weaker than ours, instead of betting. Unless I have a special read, of course.
      Well but the guy ain't paying you with worse either. :D Though we have equity vs his Check-behind range and can always ship the river if needed.

And so far we have still the AF stat which may tell that he is aggressive, isn't it so? :)