stats of a losing player

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      So I think I'm a losing player on 1/2, I beat .5/1 pretty good but there's just a huge difference between 0.5/1 and 1/2 on most sites.
      Samplesize is not that big, so variance could be it, but I don't believe that all my losses are variance based.

I don't like the wts, and ofcourse I don't like the w$sd.
      So I'm calling down too much would be my guess. But than again, aggression is way higher at these limits, it's easy to fold when a AF=0.5 raises you, but it's not when AF= 3 to 5, and I see those stats alot at the tables.

I'm losing the most money with my 1 pairs, so maybe I should fold them more?

• 12 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      This sample size is way too small, but I'll say something about a few stats that give a pretty decent indication already.

Your vpip-pfr gap is way too big, it seems like you dont raise enough (get your ATS to ~35-40), standard PFR would be 18 or something. On the other hand your vpip is a lot too high for this PFR, you should get it to something like 22-23.

You defend yoru BB way too much, that's probably why your VPIP is way too high. FBB should be around 50.

Your WTS is way too high as you already noticed. Do you read the boards well? Against a very agressive player A high might be good enough to call down on some boards, but on others you will never win with it. You have to think in ranges a lot, since most TAGs play very straightforward you can put them on a range pretty well and then decide whether to continue or not with the hand.

But the sample size is way too small actually...
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      the ATS should go up as I get more hands, since I'm playing by the chart.
      For my BB defence I'm mostly using the BB vs ORC.
      I got the approx chart printed out, but I don't really know how to use the nr. 5 chart, since it doesn't take position into account.

The lower PFR is prolly my weak 3-bet range, I'm working on that.

How about my hands on the river? any idea on what hands I'm losing the most?

I also got a problem with top pair weak kicker/ middle pair on 2 suited flops against very aggresive players. They can very well 3-bet the flop with a draw, so I don't really know where I am at these moments.
      I'm having problems on any drawy board for that matter. On lower limits it's more easy to figure out if he's drawing or not.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I can only give you 1 advise; post hands ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi G1lius,

Yoghi is right. Post hands where you were unsure. If you ask your self if the calldown with A-high was correct then post it etc.. :)

Record a video. Even if you don't want to post it then review it on your own. You probably will notice some leaks.

~3000 hands could easily be a downswing so don't worry too much about it. The rake at 1/2$ is high as well so maybe switching to a site with lower rake might help as well.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      The rake at 1/2$ is high as well so maybe switching to a site with lower rake might help as well.
      Yes im also playing 1/2$ at carlospoker(ipoker) and im paying around 2,4BB/100 i think. Pretty sick imo
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      2,4BB/100 is not that much. I pay 3BB/100 at 5/10$. :/
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      lol...sick =)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I paid like 4+BB/100 at 1/2...
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Is the rake higher at 1/2? when does it get smaller?

playing at partypoker atm...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I guess the rake is highest at 0.5/1$ and goes slightly down the higher you get.
      5/10$ is the last high raked game (at least at PP) as you pay nearly the same rake at 10/20$ but the stakes are doubled.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Wtf ciRith? I'm quite sure that all stakes above .05/.1$ are 5% of the pot... with .05/.1$ being 10% raked.

I think that 5/10$ is the last limit where most of the time the max rake will be taken, whereas the pots are so big in 10/20 that the rake hits the 3$ cap per hand.

Another contributing factor is the increasing tightness at the higher limits where you be playing less pots thus less BB taken per 100.

edit: To verify this I just watched some 5/10 & 10/20 with the 10/20 table maxing out the rake quite often whereas the 5/10 pots most of the time were not big enough to max out the rake.

EDIT2: wow this is weird, the 5/10 table maxed out at 2$ and the 10/20 3$ then 15/30 maxed out at 2$

edit3: my mistake just didnt have a big enough pot in the 5/10 and 15/30, but wtf 50/100 maxed out at 5$???

Does anyone have a certain answer to this?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_play/rake_and_blind.html

Google always has an answer.