Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1883970
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $2.08 - VPIP: 71, PFR: 8, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 75, WTS 26, W$ 51
      Hero (CO): $2.23 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 7, AF: 2,6, Hands: 8833
      BTN: $2.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 25
      SB: $0.56 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 10, 3B: 5, AF: 1,0, Hands: 69
      BB: $1.21 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,7, Hands: 25

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 8 :diamond: 8 :spade:
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.31) 4 :heart: 9 :club: 4 :spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.08, UTG calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.46, BB folds, UTG calls $0.38

Turn: ($1.31) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero?

After calling 2 times by a person with 26% WTS on this board, it's check behind, and maybe call a little river bet?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather keep the pot low and just Call the flop. They may easily have 9x hands and there ain't many worse which call you. Also you may isolate vs strong hands. But if you raise the flop then how can you check behind the turn? Didn't you raise it for value?

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather keep the pot low and just Call the flop. They may easily have 9x hands and there ain't many worse which call you. Also you may isolate vs strong hands. But if you raise the flop then how can you check behind the turn? Didn't you raise it for value?

Best Regards.
      Do we have the implied odds to call? Any overcard would be bad, and we have only 2 outs.
      I agree that raising is overplaying, but do we expect to get check behinds later on?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Do we have the implied odds to call? Any overcard would be bad, and we have only 2 outs.
      I agree that raising is overplaying, but do we expect to get check behinds later on?
      What kind of implied odds? :P We have a made hand and which might be ahead, to keep pot small we go way ahead/behind. With raising what you gain is that you make all worse to fold, though as you raise = raise for value = Bet the turn. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Does it make sense to raise there preflop? Most likely it's going to be a 3way pot with a shortstacker, and quite a big pot. I'd need signifcant fold equity to make it +ev, because I cant expect to be ahead with a pair of 88 when we get AI.

If the SB/BB would be regs, THEN the isolation would be cool, I totally agree. But we have to think ahead: both of them are loose, and it's going to be impossible to bring our pair of 88 to the showdown.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Does it make sense to raise there preflop? Most likely it's going to be a 3way pot with a shortstacker, and quite a big pot. I'd need signifcant fold equity to make it +ev, because I cant expect to be ahead with a pair of 88 when we get AI.

If the SB/BB would be regs, THEN the isolation would be cool, I totally agree. But we have to think ahead: both of them are loose, and it's going to be impossible to bring our pair of 88 to the showdown.
      Raising preflop could easily be even for value with our hand and we don't mind playing it 3way whilst you hit you will get more likely paid.