[NL2-NL10] SSS NL10 TT on BB

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      OK so the reasonings I followed behind this hand:
      First off I was looking at folding or raising. I decided to use my tight image (I stick to the SHC 99% of the time) and do my best to raise according to the situation (looking back it should've been more then what I bet say at least 1.20). The flop came and It's true that I wasn't heads up, but am I correct in thinking I am pot commited either way or that I at least got decent enough odds to shove? The pot was over 3$ and I had 1.3$ left. So here's the hand:

Hero: $2.42
      BU: $10.80
      UTG+2: $5.34

.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ts, Td. CO posts a blind of $0.15. (Comment)
      UTG+2 raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.10, UTG+2 calls $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.50) Qs, 8s, 3d (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1.32 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1.32, BU calls $1.32.

Turn: ($7.46) 2c (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG+2 checks, BU checks.

River: ($7.46) Tc (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG+2 checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $7.46

Comments please?
  • 7 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Fold preflop after a raise.
      Flop is kinda tempting to move all-in, but I think you should c/f with an overcard on the board against 2 opponents.

If you decide to raise on the flop, what is not recommended, you should push immediately, since your bet ($1.20) would be half of your stack, what means a push.
      With this raise you're also committed on the flop as you can see.

But once again, fold preflop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The SHC says that you only REraise with AA,KK,AK,QQ & JJ.

I think you should have folded after the flop (check/fold) as there is a chance of 40% someone hit a Queen or you could even face against a higher pocket pair ;)
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm sorry but I guess u didn't read what I wrote before I posted the hand. I used my tight image, I used my aggression and ultimately I also made good reads on their hands. Proof:

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Ts Td)
      BU shows a pair of sixes (6h 6d)
      UTG+2 shows high card ace with king kicker (Ah Ks)

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens (Ts Td)

Also I was interested in more technical questions, was I pot commited and did I have proper odds to play my hand accordingly. But thanks for the replies :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You had a chance of (1/11) ~9% to hit your Three of a Kind from the Flop to the River ;)

You were pot committed anyway since the potsize is bigger than your stack.

Hope it helps now ;)
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      U still don't get that I didn't need the trips and that I had the best hand the whole time? If either of them had a really strong hand, why didn't push after my reraise? And u still disregard what I've said about why I decided to play this way... also equity calculations say I was ahead both preflop and on the flop. I guess I was hoping to hear from some of the coaches or evaluators about their thoughts but hey. Maybe on other hands.
      Bronze
      Welcome Atoks,

firstly, please tell me what limit were you playing? Title says NL10 and the han history says 'co posted blind $0.15'. I guess the first one is right. That way you cannot really reraise this hand profitably against utg+2's raise. It's a fold preflop.

If you decided to go for a raise (which is, in my opinion, wrong, but assuming you have a better hand i.e. JJ+, AK) push directly preflop. On the flop you're firsto to act and already commited, so whatever happens, you're shoving. Better to do this pf and gain some fold equity.

See you around.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm guessing the CO posted dead blinds cause they were sitting out. It was NL10. And thank you for your comment, I got the feeling that I under bet preflop as well. Thanks for your comments.