[NL2-NL10] SSS NL10 66 on BB freeplay

• Atoks
      OK basic question, should I have bet more anywhere or do anything diferently?

Hero: $1.63
      MP1: $9.90

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6d, 6c (Comment)
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 7d, Ks, 6s (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.65) 5s (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($1.29) 2s (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $1.29

Comments please?
  • 4 replies
    • DeKuip
      Flopbet is good!

I would bet the turn as well, checking is extremely weak here.
      You have to protect your hand here against any kind of draw on this board.

Just bet like $0.45, if he reraises you, you're probably playing against a straight or a flush.

If he calls I would re-evaluate on the river.
      If another spade shows up, like now, I would just check and make up my mind depending on his bet-size..
    • Gerv
      I think he had Kx with no spades in his hand but you did well and as DeKuip pointed out, protecting your trips by betting is a better solution.
      If he then raises, your out ;)
    • Atoks
      Yeah ur right I should bet the turn, but I felt that he was using his stack to justify a flush draw on the flop. At any rate this is what happened in the end:

Hero shows three of a kind, sixes (6d 6c)
      MP1 shows two pairs, sixes and fives (6h 5h)

Hero wins with three of a kind, sixes (6d 6c)

I dunno... I guess I had my sets beat too many times to boldly bet the turn :) But I'll try do that more often now.
      Hi Atoks,

if you decided to slowplay on the turn, go for a check/raise. It's a powerfull move that adds you a lot of fold equity and helps you to protect against runner-runner flush draws.

Still, I'd bet turn since you cannot really assume your oponent will fire here (or, can you? you haven't posted any reads). On low limits made hands and especially mosters are worth betting on every street. That's the way to extract the most value from your loose passive oponents.