[NL2-NL10] NL 4 AKo 3 bet pot

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.20 (30 bb)
      MP: $4.51 (112.7 bb)
      CO: $4.10 (102.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $3 (75 bb)
      SB: $4.36 (109 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A K
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, 2 folds, CO calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.78) 9 9 T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.58) A (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.84, CO folds

Results:
      $1.58 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 9 9 T A
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.76 net)
      Hero mucked A K and won $1.51 ($0.75 net)

I had idea to check turn to induce bluff on river
  • 9 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      add to full stack if you playing bss. :D

postflop looks pretty standard to me. hands that call flop are fd/oesd/Tx/9x/pp, on the turn you need to bet vs the first two and probably only pp will fold.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      IMO bet should be bigger on turn... 3/4 don't think about inducing a bluff on the river because the board is just too drawheavy and you should not give away free cards that might inprove his hand
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      it's a 3bet pot and hero is broken stacked.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      There's not that many FD's, OESD's or smaller pocket pair in his range when he calls 3-bet, so your hand doesn't need that much protection on turn. Only possible threat could be KQ, so I could try to check turn to induce him to bluff.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      IT's Co vs Bu, from where did you take the info to narrow his range.I can't see any stats from villain
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      actually "what is his range" without infos is quite interesting.

what is he calling oop vs hero's stack? i assume that he is either trapping (or something QQ/AK/JJ because he just does not know what to do) or calling too light.
      just how does he want to show a profit by calling vs hero's stack?

for nl4 (lolol limit assumptions) i'd tend to just assume that he is calling too light because his hand is too pretty to fold.
      so enough of JTs/QJs/whatever /pairs that setmine (super wrongly) or something, just because he does not know better.

my point is, i just can't find a reasonable non-nutted hand that he can be calling in this spot so i go the other way and assume that he is calling too much.
      maybe i'm being unfair and it's not thaaat wide, maybe just a few higher suited broadways and AQ or something. but that's still calling too much :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

Nice discussion going on guys. :) Me likes it!

Though as said add to full stack if you playing BSS. But otherwise as played I like your play, not much to comment even, like the bet size on the turn which may give him room even to bluff vs you or call loose.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Is checking the flop not an option? We are not exactly making better hands fold and even with our backdoor equity (backdoor nut FD, backdoor GS + 2 overs) it is difficult to cBet because villain can call so often since the board sort of hits a part of his broadway calling range (which includes even suited broadways, so some FD combos possible as well) so it sort of looks a bit of a close spot – take away the backdoor FD or change the flop texture from 99Ts to TTJs and surely we must check vs an NL4 unknown here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Is checking the flop not an option? We are not exactly making better hands fold and even with our backdoor equity (backdoor nut FD, backdoor GS + 2 overs) it is difficult to cBet because villain can call so often since the board sort of hits a part of his broadway calling range (which includes even suited broadways, so some FD combos possible as well) so it sort of looks a bit of a close spot – take away the backdoor FD or change the flop texture from 99Ts to TTJs and surely we must check vs an NL4 unknown here?
      Standard spot to CB it there, we are gaining by that fold equity + of course free card even. Never-ever say that we ain't making better hands to fold, there could be enough of PPs which are folding, no matter what limit we playing, just depends against whom we are.