[NL20-NL50] NL50SHZ - Q7s

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $51.60 (103.2 bb)
      SB: $60.22 (120.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $65.84 (131.7 bb)
      UTG: $167.28 (334.6 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $31.47 (62.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: Q:club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) Q:spade: 6:club: 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.92, Hero calls $1.92

Turn: ($6.84) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.38, Hero calls $4.38

River: ($15.60) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.98, Hero calls $9.98

Villain: 22/20 3bet: 10.6 (10k hands)
      SB rfi: 21
      WTSD: 25
      W$SD%: 44
      Cbet flop- turn- river: 79 - 56 - 56

Fold or Call?

He's barreling fairly much with a 79% cbet flop. River is not a nice card but it's not super likely for him to have it, although a good bluff card, I suspect I would fold a lot of queens to his tripple barrel there. But is he really capable of bluffin that often?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling? What about 3betting instead whilst he is pretty aggressive with his CB and no information how often he folds to CB raises.

As played
      Postflop: Why not just threw a raise on the flop? It's still the case that there are enough of draws and cards which we don't want to see. We are also balancing if it's needed and we assume the guy is able to adjust. Of course calling ain't wrong and keep his range but we have to figure out what's the most profitable play, cause if I assume that he has Qx hands which are willing to pay here very often then I'd easy do that for value.

Though as played the problem what happens there is that his sizing is not that weak either and he definitely has a lot of SD type of hands which are 2nd barreling for fold equity which practically most of them completed whatever he had. Therefore I might even consider towards folding whilst his SB range ain't that wide either. Though I wouldn't say that your call-down is going to be that horrible either whilst it's a case where you wont earn huge profit nor lose huge money, might even worthy for the note.

Best Regards.