Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1885766
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 65799
      CO: $10.97 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 83
      BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 19, 3B: 7, AF: 1,0, Hands: 67
      SB: $9.88 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 21, 3B: 11, AF: 1,4, Hands: 62

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9 :club: 9 :heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) A :diamond: 9 :diamond: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.65) Q :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BTN folds

My play is of course fine, but how do I get value on the flop if villain cBets? Can I easily check/raise for value vs Ax or do I slowplay the flop since there are so few combos in villain's range that have hit? I suppose that check/raising makes the most sense as I am repping a rather narrow range thus villain can easily call me down with Ax, which still is a possible combo. Not value in the hand if villain has not hit anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91,

Kind of interesting spot but the fact is that if he has a strong hand you are getting value, if he has not I don't think you are.

We would probably need some more stats to favor one line or another.

One option would be to go for x/c x/c x/shove but we need our opponent to be able to 3barrel AJ to make this the best line.

Another one would be to x/c donk turn half pot to represent a fd. Would be great against aggressive villain which might decide to raise it up with Ax.

I don't think check raising accomplishes much sine are on that likely to have many draws in our range imo (it would be quite bad since villain has a good amount of 9x in his range).

So I'd personally take x/c flop donk turn bet river line.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Standard spot to Check/Raise the flop for value and go forward there to Bet for value from Ax. Nice hand! If he has an ace then he is going to pay and if he doesn't he wont pay much. Nor I don't want to see him at some dumb spot to take pot control with such players do and you will be on the river like WTF?!.

Best Regards.