my 1st day

• Rukawa
      Rukawa
      Bronze
      got the $50 today and started playing NL10, 1st hand I got AJ, was in late position no one bet so I did and got 1 caller, flop came AJ5 he checked so I bet he called. Turn was a 9, again he checked so I went all in, he called again, river was a 10 and he hit hes straight.

Lost $6 in 30 min with similar hands then later got JJ, KQ, QQ and evened back up. The article says leave the table once your over $2.50, I had around 4 and decided to wait for BB got KK right before BB, there was 1 raise and 1 call so i re-raised , they called flop came JJ8, they checked so I went all-in and both called, turn was a 5 one of them bet other called and river was a J they both went all-in. One shows 88 other AA so I lost with my K's :(

Right now at $48 :rolleyes: not the greatest of starts but not horrible either :)
  • 7 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      good luck!

Try not to tilt when variance kicks you in the butt and remember bank roll management " I still have to learn this" :D
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      keep up the good work ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      If your playing SSS, remember if your betting half your stack on the flop, you should just push all in.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I agree with cannell555, by the sounds of with the AJ you should of gone all in with that flop.
    • Rukawa
      Rukawa
      Bronze
      Did I play this wrong ?

NL10
      Rukawa: AA

PRE-FLOP
      WAFMEI folds, Rukawa bets $0.40, shanghaiUU folds, kappasvaan folds, snakeheadx calls $0.40, nexuspolaris folds, J-Myhre folds, ShainY007 calls $0.02 and is all-in.

FLOP [board cards: 8C,KH,6C ]
      Rukawa bets $1, snakeheadx calls $1.

TURN [board cards: 8C,KH,6C,9S ]
      Rukawa bets $0.67 and is all-in, snakeheadx bets $1.34.

RIVER [board cards: 8C,KH,6C,9S,9D ]

SHOWDOWN
      snakeheadx shows [ KD,9C ]
      ShainY007 shows [ 6S,QC ]
      Rukawa shows [ AC,AS ]
      snakeheadx wins $0.67, snakeheadx wins $3.71, snakeheadx wins $0.39.

Overall I'm stuck at the $50, only winning enough to cover my blinds and some bad beats.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes, if betting half of your stack, go allin instead! I've never played SSS but I know this is a very important rule.

Try and convert your hand next time, as thats hard to understand.
    • Rukawa
      Rukawa
      Bronze
      K thx I know that rule but.... must not have checked the difference when I bet :rolleyes:

I would have converted the hand but I play on Mansion and don't know of any converter for it.

and whay was this moved to the blog section ?