This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: KQ flop fullhouse bad line

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1885866
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $17.41 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0,4, Hands: 32
      SB: $10.32 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 5,0, Hands: 53
      Hero (BB): $11.61 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 65799
      UTG: $10.70 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 14, 3B: 8, AF: 2,9, Hands: 200
      CO: $11.82 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 2, AF: 3,3, Hands: 138

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Q :heart: K :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) K :heart: K :club: Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.45) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO folds

My line seems so bad because it gets so little value. How do I play it then? Villain is so unlikely to have a hand, thus I am not sure check/raising is as great. Could have check/called flop and donked any turn? To let him catch something on the turn maybe?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Check/Raising the flop might be a bit off, I'd rather let him barrel it off and let him at least hit something. If he has a made hand then he is also willing to pay. And Check/Raise the river if he bets all streets.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Thus my line is actually correct? What about my bet sizing? I pretty much can only assume that there is potential value from Ax, very rarely from Qx, and from JT, which I would assume would raise the river anyway, thus my sizing is OK, or could be even slightly bigger? ~$1.10 is still something that Ax can call + Qx probably folds often anyway (he has no reason to believe that I am turning anything that I called the flop with into a bluff).
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      YOur line was good here, I think. He wouldn't call you or even try to bluff you with TT etc, because the board is already scary enough.

Better luck next time =)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Thus my line is actually correct? What about my bet sizing? I pretty much can only assume that there is potential value from Ax, very rarely from Qx, and from JT, which I would assume would raise the river anyway, thus my sizing is OK, or could be even slightly bigger? ~$1.10 is still something that Ax can call + Qx probably folds often anyway (he has no reason to believe that I am turning anything that I called the flop with into a bluff).
      I'd Check/Raise the river cause it also allows him to bluff or either if he has the Ace then he also bets it and may pay it off even. :) Vs otherwise wont raise the river but just Call you.
      Bronze
      So, just to clarify – check/raising river is suitable even if we checked the turn and villain checked behind instead of 2nd barreling? Because other hands won't pay us off anyway if we bet + villain can bluff + valuebet his Ax and maybe even call vs the check/raise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      So, just to clarify – check/raising river is suitable even if we checked the turn and villain checked behind instead of 2nd barreling? Because other hands won't pay us off anyway if we bet + villain can bluff + valuebet his Ax and maybe even call vs the check/raise
      Well, if he has a hand then he is going to Bet anyways himself. :)