DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $9.90 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 11, 3B: 8, AF: 1,3, Hands: 87
      BB: $13.66 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 1,8, Hands: 124
      Hero (UTG): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 65799
      CO: $15.53 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 5, 3B: 5, AF: 3,7, Hands: 97
      BTN: $13.43 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 3, AF: 1,6, Hands: 152

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: Q :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 2 :heart: 3 :club: K :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.50) Q :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.50) Q :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Should be fine?
  • 6 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      These spots are good for bigger river bets. I remember when we talked that using some 1/3 etc. bets to make your opponent call.

Here we could represent that we missed our draw and even bet 3/4.

Checkin turn behind isn't that good, because your opponent could even have FD there and he could be going with C/F on turn. And when you hit, your hand needs some protection.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Agree on betting a bit bigger on the river, though I'd be rather 2nd barreling the turn for protection & value. Will be difficult to call-down a bigger Bet on the river whilst he could do that with missed draws.

If we assume he is rather passive and wont take stabs on us then your play is totally fine.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) Don't you think villain's flop calling range heavily consists of either PPs or Kx? I mean, we are raising from UTG and he does not look like the loosest player ever, though, of course, it is not impossible for him to call with SCs preflop in this spot (although even then I would assume that he is doing it with the rather higher or broadway type ones). Thus there are not as many combos of them as there are of PPs/Kx. And we pretty much force out PPs with our bet and get called by Kx and only some of the few potential FD combos.

Therefore it might not even be an issue to worry about him bluffing on the river since there are not that many FDs in his range + he is not necessarily always bluffing. We can even gain value ourselves more easily if we check behind this turn and only then valuebet our 2nd pair on the river, where he can level himself, as CPallo pointed it out, into thinking that we have a busted FD.

2) As played, a bit bigger bet on the river = $0.80 at best? Because villain's hand is likely not all that strong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't really understand how can you say the guy doesn't have a FD range there? His gap between VPIP/PFR is huge and I'd say just the opposite that such a guy may easily have enough of FDs there. Nor the AF for that sample isn't going to be correct, so you never know if he bluffs or not. So to avoid us not getting good odds on the river Bet yourself instead turning hand into bluff-catcher.

Well, do you think there is really that huge difference between 80 cents or 70 cents? :f_biggrin: If he calls you then he calls also over $1 there.
      Bronze
      So such a guy may even be calling with 56s preflop there? I mean, if that is true, then betting the turn is much better, that is true.
      I was just thinking that his range preflop contains more suited broadways/mid connectors, which combinatorics-wise = not as many combos as all the PPs + Kx combos (could also not be true if he just folds his low PPs on the flop)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      So such a guy may even be calling with 56s preflop there? I mean, if that is true, then betting the turn is much better, that is true.
      I was just thinking that his range preflop contains more suited broadways/mid connectors, which combinatorics-wise = not as many combos as all the PPs + Kx combos (could also not be true if he just folds his low PPs on the flop)
      And why not? What would you make think that he ain't calling with SCs? :) What would the 56s change there much?