Post of the Week: Velak wins Sunday Grand Stake

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      While browsing the forum I came across a very qualitative post in which a user took extensive time to answer another user's question in very detailed fashion.

For anyone that has been struggling with SSS or getting started in general I can only recommend it: advise (4th post)

Since I still have some stakes to give away for this week's battle of the donkeys I'd like to give away one of these to Velak out of appreciation for the great post :)

I hope you accept and join us this week - just sign up here: Battle of the donkeys June 22nd

Best regards,
      SoyCD
  • 6 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Did you mean the 5th post? The one that says quit, good advice IMO.

On a serious note, congratz velak, was a nice post. Deserved the liedown IMO. WD

Stiev
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      ZOMG! Rigged obv! :baby:
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Wow!

I'm flattered!

LOL. I thought I was just rambling on while being tired and in "I'm typing and I can't stop!" mode. I didn't think anyone would actually take the time to read it, much less think it was good advice. Thank you very much!

Regarding the Stake.. I haven't really paid much attention to the "Battle of the Donkeys" goings on, and don't know much about it. I'll do some reading and let you know.

I'm not a tournament player though, and have only entered a couple of freerolls just for fun, and the experience of it.

Would my lack of tournament experience make the slot more appropriate to someone who has more of it?

I'll do some reading and make a decision here soon and let you know.
      Thanks so much for the offer!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Velak, the experiance would be good for you to play in this tournament. You can also come on the IRC chat and talk to the regulars whilst playing. Its all about fun and friendly rivalry, and shouldn't be took to seriously TBH. Every week people go out in the early stages, so theres really no pressure on you to do well. Hope you'll join us, its good to see the new names involved.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak
      Wow!

I'm flattered!

LOL. I thought I was just rambling on while being tired and in "I'm typing and I can't stop!" mode. I didn't think anyone would actually take the time to read it, much less think it was good advice. Thank you very much!

Regarding the Stake.. I haven't really paid much attention to the "Battle of the Donkeys" goings on, and don't know much about it. I'll do some reading and let you know.

I'm not a tournament player though, and have only entered a couple of freerolls just for fun, and the experience of it.

Would my lack of tournament experience make the slot more appropriate to someone who has more of it?

I'll do some reading and make a decision here soon and let you know.
      Thanks so much for the offer!
      :)

Don't worry about not being a good tournament player - I'm more than glad to give you the opportunity to play in a 'bigger' tournament without having to invest any of your own money (its only 11$ anyway :) )

We play on Sundays for friendly rivalry and good fun, just as cannell said - so just give it a go - no pressure involved.

Hope to see you aboard!
      Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Thank you for the offer SoyCD! I graciously accept your generous offer.
      It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll jump over to the other thread and sign up officially.