Win 8 and poker clients and softwares

• TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I need to format one of my computers (the one I use when I'm at home) and I''m thinking of installing win 8 on it. Currently it runs on win7 and it works OK, not mega fast, since is an older computer, but it get things done :D

Has anyone already tried win8? Do poker clients run ok on it? How does playing multiple tables look like? Does HEM work?

Thank you for info. :)
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      If you play for stakes that matter to you, I wouldn't recommend running poker clients on beta OSes.

Anything goes wrong, and it could be costly.

I've seen W8 -- but I've not installed any poker clients on it.

It basically looks like they have tried to go away from the "desktop" metaphor, and are trying to do a "tablet" metaphor, where swipes and slides perform actions. In the past you needed to click to do stuff.
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      Wait for the official release of Win 8 and then play. This will end of October as far as I remember. Most poker softwares are not working with the Beta version as I heard from friends...
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      @Vorpal
      I will probably just make a dual boot and use Win7 for poker and can still try out Win8 on micros, just to see how it runs. :) Will let you guys know. ;)

@FatDog
      Well this is a common mistake, people saying the latest version out is a "Beta". It is actually the same version that "officially" comes out in october for all people to buy. Currently it is only available for computer shops and retailers to instal on new computers. ;)

As for programs not working and problems with drivers. Drivers for Win7 and Win8 are compatible, so if there are no drivers for Win8 yet, you can just use drivers for Win7.