Euro Extra Time Issue

• carbonpom
      carbonpom
      Bronze
      Does anyone have any information on what happened to the Euro Extra Time Tournament on 17th June?

I was playing in it, and it suddenly stopped. The tournament disappeared from the Tourney lists completely (but everything else was working).

I am very gutted - I was doing particularly well at the point it stopped, I had 57000 chips and the tourney had just gone into the money stage (i.e. all players left were in the money. My chip count was about three times the average chip count, so I was quite confident that with careful play it would have taken me near to if not onto the final table.

Grrrrr....

Anyone else play in it?
  • 3 replies
    • carbonpom
      carbonpom
      Bronze
      Hmmph...

Just got a reply from them.
      "With regards to the mail you sent, please allow me to inform you that PartyPoker.com unfortunately had to cancel tonight's Euro Extra Time freeroll.
      An unforeseen technical issue occurred and the payout will be made on the correct prize pool for this day’s tournament which was $2900."

Their standard cancellation policy means I should get some money. Shame though, things were going so well!!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that. Sucks... :(
    • Hummingbird
      Hummingbird
      Bronze
      I was playing there too (and also above average stack ).
      To be precise the tourn stopped with 700 something players remaining when 600 were to be paid (out of 4911).
      I was upset too (not to mention that I stayed a while waiting for the tournament to resume :( ).
      The official reason was a "technical problem"...
      The obvious theory is that they got wrong with the prize pool. They offered 25k prize pool when the were suppose to put 2,5K in stake.
      When they realized they just purely canceled the tournament ....

I find this a bit cheap from them... these guys make millions and millions out of our fees and rakes but just can't stand giving 25K prize pool and give 4900 players a good time....

Ok, their internal rule mentions the possibility to cancel a tournament anytime ... Ok.. their still shared the 2.5k amongst the remaining players ....
      But still it is bad publicity for them...A nice gesture would have been greatly apriciated by their customers ...