This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Missed velue? AQ Nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $41.77
      MP: $37.01
      CO: $25.32
      Hero (BTN): $40.24
      SB: $29.98
      BB: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:heart: A:club:

UTG calls $0.25, MP raises to $1.00, fold, Hero raises to $3.00, fold, fold, UTG calls $2.75, MP calls $2.00

Flop: ($9.35, 3 players) 4:heart: Q:spade: 3:heart:
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $5.35, UTG calls $5.35, fold

Turn: ($20.05, 2 players) T:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($20.05, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Villain is bassically unknown to me.
      Do i have clear velue bet vs unknown on river and should i play B/f line as most profitable ? Or check behind is better ?
      My thought process was - i cbet for velue and i dont think i should bet bigger couse i dont think i can scare both players if they have fl draw will call me any way so with samller bet i want to keep their ranges wider..
      On river i stared to think that mybe his slow playing AA, KK and whanted to keep pot control with c/c line so i decided to check beck couse only some KQ i have beaten i dont belive JJ would hero call...
  • 2 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      I think the right line here would be to bet/fold turn and check the river. On turn he could have a made flush but also something like QTs+, KQ, AQ, and basically any pair from 22-JJ he is setmining as he gets direct odds to call pre.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

I'd say both options are fine but though if we are Checking the turn then I am also Checking the river instead of betting. If I'd pick the thin value then I'd most likely do it on the turn and do it as protection + free showdown, could still bet something like $10 there and reevaluate the river.

Best Regards.