Hero (CO): $6.59
      BTN: $2.71
      SB: $1.07
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $1.06
      UTG+1: $5.12

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 5:club: 5:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, MP raises to $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.33, 3 players) 7:heart: A:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG checks, MP bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, fold

Turn: ($0.65, 2 players) J:diamond:
      MP bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($1.45, 2 players) 3:club:
      MP bets $1.28, Hero raises to $5.93 and is all-in, MP calls $3.96 and is all-in

Hero shows 5:club: 5:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 54%, Flop 98%, Turn 91%)
      MP shows A:club: J:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 46%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $11.63

Villain is 31/10/52 (67 hands), on this table I have seen him take the line of check-raise flop, overbet turn with a set out of position (that's how he got so deepstacked) so I think it is very unlikely he has the set.

On flop I do not raise because his range has no draws in it. I think I can afford to just flat call and give him a free card, because if I reraise here I think I kill my chances of getting it all in, I think he has AK, QQ+ at this stage and want more value. AK will maybe call reraise but later street action will be problematic unimproved and so deepstacked so I just call.

The turn I feel like he has AK, so I just flat call. Maybe I should have reraised here, but I doubt he's on a flush draw, and 7 of diamonds is magic card for me anyway. My plan if a diamond pops up, just flat call or fold depending on how much he bets. And if diamond doesn't pop up, I jam it and it can maybe even be interpreted as a missed draw bluff or AK or worse two pair.

River is blank as it gets, but his bet is quite big, I'm thinking he either has 2 pair or was getting tricky with a set and I almost didn't have the stones to shove and was instead going to flat call. But I stick with the original plan and just jam and shit pants when he snap calls until I see his cards.

Thoughts? Was by far the biggest hand of my session. 100bb stack would play it a lot differently, probably try to get it in on turn. So yeah probably what I'm asking is should I a) reraise turn? and b) should I have flatted the river instead of jamming, results aside?
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Raise turn and flat river to make the pot manageable. I'm really surprised you got called by worse there 300BB deep. Then again, it is NL2 =P
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I put this in wrong section, what a fish, can someone with authoritah please move it to the right subsection for me plz?

Originally posted by FlashDavin
      Raise turn and flat river to make the pot manageable. I'm really surprised you got called by worse there 300BB deep. Then again, it is NL2 =P
      Flat river even though I have seen him play set completely different to this? By river I put him 90% sure on 2pair. Then like 5% AK/AQ and 5% JJ/AA Very very slight chance he turned it with JJ but I doubt he bets into two callers with that, and most likely check raises AA on flop. I suppose its still a pretty decent pot if we reraise turn and flat river. But I think here if we reraise turn and he calls (unlikely with AK which is what I thought he had at this point), he's probably check/folding anything that we can beat on river, and then we may have to check too if we are not planning to go broke.

And yeah, the overbet shove on river gets pretty much no respect at NL2 lol. Probably gets less respect than a half pot sized bet because players are like ZOMG BLUFFING!!!. :f_biggrin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      On the way!

:]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello metza,

You are deep there which means we have to start raising right on the flop to get value from Ax hands. :) Raise flop, raise turn and ship the river. :P So easy is poker. :D

Best Regards.