LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $54.55
      UTG+1: $48.75
      MP: $47
      CO: $48.45
      Hero (BTN): $10
      SB: $44.95
      BB: $55

Pre-Flop: J:diamond: Q:diamond: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, MP calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) T:diamond: 5:club: Q:club: (2 Players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $4, MP calls $4

Turn: ($15.25) K:club: (2 Players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3 and is All-In, MP calls $3

River: ($21.25) J:spade: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $21.25 Pot ($1 Rake)
      MP showed A:heart: T:club: (a straight, Ten to Ace) and WON $20.25 (+$10.25 NET)
      Hero mucked J:diamond: Q:diamond: and LOST (-$10 NET)
  • 7 replies
      Bronze
      Hi gambleris,

up to my best knowledge, it's a fold preflop. You cannot overestimate the strength of your suited broadways like QJs. Also, it cannot be interpreted as a stean because of two limpers.

It's simply a "stick to the shc" situation.

Also if you decided to go for it on the flop, which is the only way here, push directly. Your stack is lower than the pot so saving some of it just to be commited on the turn when overcadr hits (that's what happened, right?) seems weak.

I also have one suggestion: don't post results or you get biased evaluation (not from me probably since I hadn't even read it until I wrote this words, but from other members of the community).

Maybe reread basic articles at http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/#basic. It cannot be -EV for your play and probably may help you in some way. Post some more and good luck at the tables.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to say.
      But you're Bronze (doesn't say much, but I'll just state it), playing SSS on NL50, not playing according to the strategy preflop AND postflop, you post the results of your hand rather clear and you'd like to know what you did wrong in this hand.
      You probably wouldn't have posted this one if Villain didn't win this hand.

I'm kinda confused at the moment.
      I think you're playing way above your BR and that you're a rather new poker player (correct me if I'm wrong).

Because even without SSS knowledge, you should know that the flop is an easy push here (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

So based on what I wrote above, I would advise you reading these basic articles carefully!!!
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      Thank you for evaluation, i know that i made terrible mistake
      First of all i am bronze because i don't collect pokerstrategy points in Pokerstars, place where i am playing. My bankroll is properate for NL50, i jumped here just a week ago. However i've been strugling recently, because of bad beats and hands like this. I promise myself that I won't make so stupid plays anymore
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Ok, then I take back what I wrote above.
      You should know that you just can't play these hands when playing SSS.
      If you're struggling so much on NL50, I would step back to NL25 first.

Have you ever played any other limit than NL50 with SSS?
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      i played NL10 and NL25 with SSS
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleris
      i played NL10 and NL25 with SSS
      Ok, then you should know not to play hands like these ;)
      I think you know very well what went wrong here, so I guess it might have been tilt that struck you here?

Keep the hands coming and good luck at the tables!
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      I agree that there was a tilt