[NL20-NL50] NL50SHZ - AQo

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $52.33 (104.7 bb)
      SB: $91.77 (183.5 bb)
      BB: $51.38 (102.8 bb)
      UTG: $77.07 (154.1 bb)
      MP: $59.33 (118.7 bb)
      CO: $57.99 (116 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:spade: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 8:spade: 3:diamond: Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, UTG calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.75) Q:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $9.50, UTG raises to $19, Hero raises to $47.33 and is all-in, UTG calls $28.33

River: ($105.41) 9:heart: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Villain: 27/18 3bet: 9.2 (6.7k hands)
      EP rfi: 25
      Fold to 3bet: 19%
      W$SD%: 44%
      WTSD: 38%
      AF: 1.8

Given his low fold to 3bet I defo should've 3betted pre-flop for value and take it from there.

Anyways, as played. Reason for going all-in on the turn is because I want full value from any queen he might have in his range. However, the reason I am doubting this play is because his play is rather "nut-reppy" plays it passively at flop, then suddenly aggressive.

But even though, I guess he should have enough queens in his range that would call to make this a good line?
  • 7 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yes as you said 3b pre vs such f23b is a must and will be for value more than 60% of the time.

As played I am not sure if raise on flop is optimal. We block nfd and there is no other sensible draws he will call us with. That leaves him with something like QTs, QJ+, AQ and his top value range we are way behind, to call us with. So I would just call, I am not affraid of almost any card here, K would be shitty so 4 cards.
      Same theory as on flop would go on turn. But now I am not really sure is he a type of opponent that would go crazy w KK/AA in this spot on turn. He does have a lot of Q's in his range but at the same time he shouldn't go crazy with them cuz your raising range on flop should be strong in this spot vs utg OR (except u are a crazy aggro monkey post :p ).

Basically yeah I cannot see how not to go broke on this spot but I have a gut feeling we are fcked a lot of the time.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      dude, if he bets 1 in a 3.75 pot, I would raise it even if I had pure air, you can't just call against that size, would make zero sense. I think you must've forgot to check the betsizes :)
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      What do you assume his weak betsizing means?
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      it could mean anything from air to nuts tbh ^^
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      So what do you achieve with raising in both cases? (I assume you don't count his KQ as "nuts" in this case).

The more I think about this hand the more I believe we are isolating ourselves hard with raise on flop. The only thing going for us is that he really has a huge OR range from utg over a decent sample. Even if beeing conservative as hell, by assigning him some logical range, all of Qx broadways fall into the category of 25% and if he is weak he stacks worse good amount of time on turn.

I would like to ask Veriz or Kaitz if villain had significantly smaller OR utg range ,like 13-18%, do we still go broke easy hearted on T???
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      I just noticed that his vp$p is way too high for him to be a standard tag so yeah he probably makes a lot of mistakes post and we shouldn't worry too much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: Yep, could easily 3bet it for value vs such a guy and reevaluate further actions.

As played
      Postflop: Agree on raising here cause he could still have some draws in his range and vs such a guy we could easily do it for value and protection. We can always reevaluate the line if he 3bets us or just calls. Though I don't really see how I can get away vs such a guy, he definitely has also worse Qx hands in his range, so I am also shipping da money.

Even if I'd be against nitty range I would have really tough time to fold here and put him on only FH only, cause I would say that even from a nitty range we can't exclude KQ nor even all QJs.

Best Regards.