[NL2-NL10] NL 2 FR 33 vs QJ vs KK

• 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre-Flop is questionable. I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad since you are deep but you'll need villain to be bad in general (I suppose most NL2 players fit in this category of overplaying hands). I'm probably folding 33 vs a tough player

On the Flop I think the initial 3better has something like QQ/KK/AA, sometimes a hand like AKs with a flushdraw, or perhaps AQ/KQ occasionally. Raising to get it in is definitely fine. When the other guy shoves the Flop we aren't really in good shape but I don't see how you can fold. Just shove the remainder of your money on the Flop. You don't want to see another diamond fall on the Turn (and you still cannot fold).

I still think we beat the 3better most of the time. I'm a little afraid of the other guy having TT but still, we do beat a hand like QTs or maybe overplayed AQ/KQ which is quite common for low stakes players to do. Never folding my set here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well looking at the results, you won a big pot with a set, main mistake is to not shove the money on the Flop (you were committed regardless) but the results are kind of expected so I'm not sure why you are doubting your play.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Thread moved to Hand Evaluations up to No Limit 0.05/0.10.

Please remember to put your hands within the correct category under "No Limit"
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ZeeeDTm,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Your raise size on the flop is super-small. You want to protect your hand which means you also need to protect it bigger on the flop and raise it bigger. After the shove from the smaller stack you should as well just push it and protect it than Call it. If the guy has a hand then he is willing to pay and rather not if a draw completes.

Best Regards.