This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

CG 25 buyin rule ALWAYS stands, even against a 250bb deep person who goes AI 50% of his range?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      There was a person at a SH table who went AI with 50% of his hands preflop. It's so frikkin +EV to buy in for 250bb deep and call him with Ax hands and 99+.

But does the bankroll management care?

E.g. I have 70$ on 0.01/0.02$
      70/25=2.8$, so theoretically I could buy in for no more then 2.8$.
      But technically, I must buy in for 5$ against a person like this, musnt I?
      He goes AI with T4o preflop etc. Or really, bankroll management doesnt care...

It's so +EV maan.

If I win the AI, everyone would say: Good choice mate!
      If I loose, everyone would say: Listen to the bankroll management!
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hmmm,
      First off, I'll move this to the strategy boards, where it seems to fit the topic better.

Some considerations:
      :  If you are fully aware of the BRM implications of what you are doing, and if you have the BR for that limit, you should be able to make this special-case adjustment.
      :  How many hands do you have on this turkey? Are you certain that he just hasn't been running like God, and had 50% premium hands over a small sample?
      :  Are you fully prepared to fire stacks at this guy? If you're buying in NL 2 w/ 250 BB and firing stacks, all you've done is switch to $5 7-card no draw

I was had a player last night 3 to my left, who was playing 66/5 over about 40 hands. the PFRs were all 3Bet or 4Bet shoves. He called any raise PF, and open shoved the flop. He had a huge WTSD, and > 50% W$ SD, and had a rather large stack. I figured I could "get me some of that", but by the time I got a hand worth trying with, he was busto.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F

:  If you are fully aware of the BRM implications of what you are doing, and if you have the BR for that limit, you should be able to make this special-case adjustment.
      :  How many hands do you have on this turkey? Are you certain that he just hasn't been running like God, and had 50% premium hands over a small sample?
      :  Are you fully prepared to fire stacks at this guy? If you're buying in NL 2 w/ 250 BB and firing stacks, all you've done is switch to $5 7-card no draw

I was had a player last night 3 to my left, who was playing 66/5 over about 40 hands. the PFRs were all 3Bet or 4Bet shoves. He called any raise PF, and open shoved the flop. He had a huge WTSD, and > 50% W$ SD, and had a rather large stack. I figured I could "get me some of that", but by the time I got a hand worth trying with, he was busto.
      1) 0.01/0.02, let's say I have 70$. I can take "shots" in this case as long as I stop when I have only 25 (50$) remained, right?
      2) It was at least 2 full rounds, so sample was enough.
      3) It's +EV. e.g. against 50% range calling with AJs is +ev. Getting bad beats doesnt really concern me as long as I put in my money while I'm ahead.