CG 25 buyin rule ALWAYS stands, even against a 250bb deep person who goes AI 50% of his range?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      There was a person at a SH table who went AI with 50% of his hands preflop. It's so frikkin +EV to buy in for 250bb deep and call him with Ax hands and 99+.

But does the bankroll management care?

E.g. I have 70$ on 0.01/0.02$
      70/25=2.8$, so theoretically I could buy in for no more then 2.8$.
      But technically, I must buy in for 5$ against a person like this, musnt I?
      He goes AI with T4o preflop etc. Or really, bankroll management doesnt care...

It's so +EV maan.

If I win the AI, everyone would say: Good choice mate!
      If I loose, everyone would say: Listen to the bankroll management!
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hmmm,
      First off, I'll move this to the strategy boards, where it seems to fit the topic better.

Some considerations:
      :  If you are fully aware of the BRM implications of what you are doing, and if you have the BR for that limit, you should be able to make this special-case adjustment.
      :  How many hands do you have on this turkey? Are you certain that he just hasn't been running like God, and had 50% premium hands over a small sample?
      :  Are you fully prepared to fire stacks at this guy? If you're buying in NL 2 w/ 250 BB and firing stacks, all you've done is switch to $5 7-card no draw

I was had a player last night 3 to my left, who was playing 66/5 over about 40 hands. the PFRs were all 3Bet or 4Bet shoves. He called any raise PF, and open shoved the flop. He had a huge WTSD, and > 50% W$ SD, and had a rather large stack. I figured I could "get me some of that", but by the time I got a hand worth trying with, he was busto.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F

:  If you are fully aware of the BRM implications of what you are doing, and if you have the BR for that limit, you should be able to make this special-case adjustment.
      :  How many hands do you have on this turkey? Are you certain that he just hasn't been running like God, and had 50% premium hands over a small sample?
      :  Are you fully prepared to fire stacks at this guy? If you're buying in NL 2 w/ 250 BB and firing stacks, all you've done is switch to $5 7-card no draw

I was had a player last night 3 to my left, who was playing 66/5 over about 40 hands. the PFRs were all 3Bet or 4Bet shoves. He called any raise PF, and open shoved the flop. He had a huge WTSD, and > 50% W$ SD, and had a rather large stack. I figured I could "get me some of that", but by the time I got a hand worth trying with, he was busto.
      1) 0.01/0.02, let's say I have 70$. I can take "shots" in this case as long as I stop when I have only 25 (50$) remained, right?
      2) It was at least 2 full rounds, so sample was enough.
      3) It's +EV. e.g. against 50% range calling with AJs is +ev. Getting bad beats doesnt really concern me as long as I put in my money while I'm ahead.