Hero call or dumb luck.

• SharkOfSpade
      SharkOfSpade
      Basic
      Ok, so I am playing 9 people 3.50$ SitNGo at pokerstars. Normal speed. So I grind it out, and find my self at the final. I have around 4000 chips, other guy too has 4000 chips, and we have our chip leader with around 5500 chips. The blinds are 100/200. We are playing, and all of the sudden, the internet connection for the chipleader is lost, so I am up against this other guy. We bolth are eaquel. Until when I am at a final table, I am TAG. So is he. And when I reach the bubble & final table I show real agrression. And it apperas, so does he.

I have no care for losing. All I care, is that I play the best poker I can, so I use math, betting patterns, notes and some little more advanced stuff, like comming over the top and e.t.c.

But this situation is interesting, because this other guy is allmost a complete copie of me (only thing I noticed, he never tried to come over the top against me).

So we keep playing against each other, and in the mean time, that chipleader keeps sinking and giving his chips away for us.

About the time, the chipleader did lost 1/2 of his chips, stupid thing happened, that I lost 1/2 of my chips by missclicking (I was multitabling at that time. This does not happen to me often, but still, some times it does, and when it does, it ussualy hurts :D :D :D )

Ok, so now he is in the lead. After a whyle that guy with no internet connection has allmost lost his whole stack. (At next hand he would be all-in)

So that guy with out the internet connection is BB, and my real opponent is dealer (I'm SB).

In his position, I would play pshychalogy, and push my chips for an easy steal, because for me, it would make more sence to fold, and not to risk by leaving with 3th place, when I easally can make it to 2nd.

And now the interesting par. I am dealt JJ, and the button PUSHES. Because I would do the same thing, I assume, that he is trying to steal. Ok. I assume, that there is a high possebilitie, that he has only 1 overcard, maby even none. so I think and think. I COnsider, that if I win this hand, that I have huge advantage. I would have like 2 times as much as he. I think, that if he would have very good hand like bigger pocket than mine, he would make only 2BB raise, trying to take atleast something for me.

I make the call. He shows K10s. At flop he complitelly misses, turn A and river 10. I win.

AWESOME! :D The next hand, that guy with the bad internet connection bursts out of the game, and hand after that, I got dealt Q3 at BB, my opponent completes, and I check. Flop 2QJ, he makes 2/3 pot bet, I raise his all-in and he calls. He shows KJ and losses.

So what do you think of my play here. Now we know, that in this particullar example it was worth it. But what do you think would be the right thing for longterm? Should I keep making these "hero" all-in calls in these suspisious situations, or mabey not, and that I just got lucky this one time?
  • 6 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      tl;dr

[ ] Hand history
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      poor call IMO. Would be easier to comment with the hand history to see exactly what the blinds and chip stacks were.
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      I have played thousands of these exact games and the play is just horrid. Yes please post hand history.

Cowboy
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      tl;dr

Read just first paragraph and...how can you reach final table in 9man SNG? :f_confused: you say you are TAG before final table, this just doesn't make any sense. :f_confused:
    • Areshar
      Areshar
      Bronze
      Its either troll or by words - final table - he means being ITM.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'll move this to the SNG strategy board.

without a hand history it is tough to follow.
      Whether WE think the call is good or not matters little now.
      What matters is what YOU thought at the time.
      What range did you put this player on?
      How had he played previously?
      Did you have any reads?

If ever you want to ask the question "What do you think of my play"
      Post the hand history with your thoughts in one of the hand evaluations forums.

You will get a response from a professional coach.

Regards,
      --VS