[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - Draw completes on the river?

• PaulieV
      PaulieV
      Bronze
      Everest - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $40.10
      CO: $54.00
      BTN: $8.70
      SB: $32.20
      BB: $28.75
      Hero (UTG): $25.40

SB posts SB $0.15, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.40) Hero has 5:diamond: 5:club:

Hero raises to $0.90, MP calls $0.90, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.20, 2 players) 9:heart: T:club: 5:spade:
      Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.70, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero bets $4.95, MP calls $4.95

River: ($15.60, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $9.85, MP raises to $19.70, Hero calls $7.95 and is all-in

Opponent is passive, calls alot.
      I guess looking back on the hand now that I should have made my bets on the flop and the turn bigger right?
      But what about the river? When a card comes that may complete his draw, should I check? If I checked I would have still called if he shoved I guess.

Regards,
      Paul
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PaulieV,

What you could do is that if you planning to call such a river anyways then rather Bet the flop & turn bigger and prepare to shove the river. :)

Though as played I'd still Bet it but on the river his range is there very narrow, as you see also some draws even get there and we can't be sure how many 2pairs he even raises. Cause most of the 2pairs he is willing to raise the turn whilst to protect.

Though I agree that during that time on the river with the sizing of ours and the money already invested it's going to be difficult to put him only on strong made hands and I would also have tough time to fold it. But are we going to be that often ahead? :) Especially as you said he is passive? Doubt so. :( Mainly would base on his W$SD as well and then act accordingly to it.

Best Regards.